Chapter 1

"I think that's the last of them," said Robin, dropping the box he had been holding on the floor with a dull thud.

"Careful!" I warned.

"It's only clothes and shoes," he replied.

"Well, maybe I'm not as worried about the box as I am my floors." I lifted the box just to make sure. Thankfully, there wasn't even a scratch.

He looked at me, concerned. "Are you worried?" He asked. I knew he didn't mean the hardwood.

I shook my head. "Not worried. Just...a little nervous," I said, biting my lip. "I've never done this before."

He nodded, them looked at me mischievously. He walked towards me slowly.
"Anything I can do to...remedy that?" he said in a low voice.

I couldn't help smiling. "Maybe..." I said playfully.

He continued advancing towards me until he was with arms reach. Then he grabbed my hips and pulled me the rest of the way towards him. He leaned his head in, barely touching my cheek with his lips. "So," he said softly in my ear, "what are you so nervous about?"

"I..." I couldn't concentrate. "Just..."

"Yes?" he murmured, brushing his lips against my neck.

Suddenly, we heard a voice that was neither Robin's nor mine. "Hello?" They yelled through the house.
Robin and I quickly pulled apart and collected ourselves. Then Robin went out to meet the interrupter.

"Hey, David," said Robin. "Thanks again for helping with the move."

"Anytime," he said, inviting himself in. "Anything else I can do while I'm here?"

Leave so we can have some privacy, I thought, but I decided to keep that comment to myself.
"No thank you, David. I think we can take it from here."

"Alright," said David. "Well, just let me know if you need anything." Then he turned around and walked to his truck.

Robin closed the door. "Now where were we?" he asked, putting his hands back on my hips and pushing me onto the door.

"You tell me," I said playfully.

He smiled, leaned his head down towards me, and was about to kiss me when I heard a phone ring.
"Dammit," he muttered under his breath. He reluctantly pulled himself away from me and went to the kitchen where he'd left his cell phone.

While he was gone I tried to make myself useful. I lifted the box from the floor and struggled a bit up the stairs. I took it up to our room and set it gently next to the bed. Robin was waiting for me when I got back downstairs.

"I'm sorry, Regina, but I have to go, he said. "Little John just called; apparently something's up at the camp."

"That's alright," I said, trying hide my disappointment. "Are we still on for dinner tonight?"

He smiled. "Of course." He swiftly kissed my cheek, took his jacket off the chair, and walked out the door.

I stood in the kitchen for a bit, unsure of what to do. Then my stomach growled; I forgot that I hadn't  had breakfast that morning. I looked at the time: 12:47. Then I had an idea. I picked up the phone and began dialing in numbers. I put the phone to my ear and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Emma? I was just wondering if you would like to join me for lunch at Granny's."