Chapter 19

Suddenly, I heard another knock on my door. Why was I suddenly getting so many visitors today? I apologized to Robin and went to answer the door. I surprised to find Mary Margaret, along with a friend.

"Hi, Regina," said Mary Margaret.

"Mary Margaret? Tinkerbell? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I thought a lot about what you told me," she explained, "particularly about how you first met Robin."

"Well, we didn't exactly kiss on the first date," I said sarcastically.

She brushed it off. "So, I called in a favor," she said, looking at Tinkerbell.

I shifted my attention to the fairy. She donned the customary nun dress that all of the fairy's wore. However, her years in Neverland still showed; there were small wrinkles in her skirt, and mud in her shoes.

"What do you mean, a favor?" I asked.

Tinkerbell answered. "Regina, when I used the pixie dust to show you the man you were meant to be with, it worked perfectly."

"I know," I interrupted. "Because pixie dust never lies."

"That's true," she said, "and it never fails...but it's not always what we expect, either."

"What do you mean?"

"That was many years ago, and at the time, he was your one perfect match," she explained. "However, times change: people change, hearts change. The perfect man for you then might not necessarily be the perfect man for you now...or woman."

Mary Margaret interjected. "Not to mention the fact that Emma wasn't even thought of yet, let alone born."

"So you're saying..."

"Yes," said Tinkerbell. "Emma could potentially be your one true love."

"But how does this even help me?" I challenged.

Tinkerbell and Mary Margaret looked at each other knowingly.

"There is pixie dust here in Storybrooke," said Mary Margaret.

"And we could potentially use it to find out who your perfect match is now."

I didn't know what to say. There were so many conflicting emotions in my head: confusion, excitement, guilt,happiness, sadness...I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Why would you even do that for me?"

"Time," said a new voice. Mary Margaret and Tinkerbell parted to reveal Mother Superior behind them. She had a stern look about her (well, she always did), but her forehead was also wrinkled with worry.,

"Excuse me?"

"The hands on the clock haven't moved in two days," she said. "There's only one thing that has changed recently."

I leaned back in realization. "You think that my relationship with Emma made the clock stop?" I asked.

"It's the only thing we could think of," Mother Superior replied.

Mary Margaret took my hand, pleading. "Please, Regina; this could be exactly what you need to be at peace." Her smile was so full of hope; such a Charming staple.

"No," I said firmly.

"No?" the three said in unison.

"No. I've already made my decision. I have made my promise to Robin already, and I will stick to it. Besides, look at all of the problems this has already caused! I don't want anyone else to suffer because of me."

"Do it, Regina."

I whirled around at the sound of Robin's voice. He had taken off his jacket so that he only wore his dark green t-shirt and was leaning up against the wall behind me.

"Wha...how long have you been there?"

"Long enough." He lifted himself up and approached me, taking my hands in his. "Look, Regina, I love you, and I want you to be with me always..."

"But?"

"But..." he sighed. "But I don't want you to be with someone you don't belong with, and I don't want you to be with me out of obligation. I want you to be with me, but more than that I need you to be happy."

I sighed. He had a point. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.

"If the dust points to me, I will be the happiest man in the world. If not, I will still support you and be there for you when you need me. I promise."

I chuckled quietly. "What did I ever do to deserve your love?" I asked.

He laughed with me, and kissed me quickly.

I took a deep breath. "Alright. Where are we going?"