3. Training Day

C A L I C O

I sat in my office with my head in my hands, replaying my doctor's visit in my head over and over.

*FLASHBACK*

I was called back into a room and the doctor checked my blood pressure, heart rate and all the normal stuff. It was just a check up since I hadn't been feeling well. He took a blood sample and walked out of the room as I lay in the hospital bed.

I laid there looking at the television wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I'd been getting unusual rashes and bumps, and been throwing up everywhere. The doctor came in with a glum look on his face and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Everything ok doc?" I asked. He didn't respond right away.

"Mr. Taylor. Have you been having unprotected sex?"

I gave him a look wondering what that had to do with anything.

"Yeah, only with my wife though" I said.

He sighed before speaking again.

"An average healthy person's t-cell count is in between 500 and 1500..."

"Okay?" I said waiting for him to continue.

"Your t-cell count is 80" 

"Okay so what does that mean?" I asked nervously.

"I'm sorry., but you have full blown AIDS"

"Well you have something that I can take right? To control it..."

"It wouldn't help you. It's too late"

I sighed and took a deep breath struggling not to shed any tears.

"So in your professional opinion, how long do I have?"

"6, maybe 12, months"

"Fuck" I whispered. I knew I had to get in contact with Anastasia.  I couldn't let everything I had worked for be destroyed by an inconsiderate bitch that didn't give a fuck about my health. The doctor patted my back before walking out if the room and I collected myself before leaving as well.

I grabbed my phone and called one of my youngest recruits: Jordan a.k.a Yung. He was 22  and ghetto as fuck, but he was about his shit and I liked that.

"Hello?" he answered sounding high.

"Jordan. I got a new assignment for you" 

"Aight wassup?"

"I have a daughter. Her name is Anastasia Taylor. I need you to get all the information you can on her and bring it to me"

"Aight, fuh what though?"

"She's next in line to inherit my throne but I have no idea where she is. Once I can get in contact with her I need you to protect her. I'm  not always gonna be around ya know?"

"Yeah I feel you. I'll see what I can do" he said before hanging up.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*