7. Mixed Feelings

J E R E M I A H

It was like 11 at night and I decided to take a drive. I drove over to McDonald's cause I had a craving for some nuggets and fries. I parked my truck and went on the inside, scrolling through Instagram while I waited for the line to move.

"Hey Jaybo" I heard a familiar voice say. I rolled my eyes to see Missy standing in line behind me.

"Sup Missy" I said turning back around in line as some fat dude finally finished up his order.

"Lemme get a number 9, with a fruit punch and buffalo sauce" I said to the lady.

"Your total $8.68" she said as I nodded and pulled out a twenty. I handed it to her and she gave me my change back before giving me a cup. I went over to the soda fountain filling my cup with juice and when I turned around Missy was right there scaring the shit outta me.

"What the hell you want girl?" I asked grabbing a straw and sticking it in my cup. She gestured to a table and I followed her and sat down. I looked her up and down and she had on some small ass sleeping shorts with a tank top and slides.

"How you doing?" she asked innocently and I rolled my eyes.

"Missy I know you did not call me over here just to ask me how I'm doing, now what the hell you want?" I asked taking a sip out of my fruit punch.

"You're not mad at Ana?" she asked.

"Why would I be mad at her?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You haven't noticed that ever since she started talking to that Jordan guy, she hasn't had time for either of us?"

I shrugged. "She makes time for me. We hung out at my party and we were at the mall yesterday"

"And let me guess Jordan was there too" I scrunched my nose up understanding why she would be mad.

"I mean,  yeah, but that's better than not hanging with her at all"

She nodded and tried to touch my hand and I glared at her before moving it.

"What do you see in Anastasia" she said and I sighed knowing that that was the only reason she called me over. Before I could answer they called out the number of my order.

"I gotta go Missy, I'll see you at school though" I said getting and walking away, not caring about if she responded or not.

I grabbed my food and and went back to my truck and SHE was standing in front of my car door.

I rolled my eyes.

"Skye, what a surprise to see you here" I said sarcastically and she smirked.

"It's okay baby, I know you missed me" she said trying to rub on me but I smacked her hands away.

"What the hell are you doing here? You live all the way on the other side of town"

"I took an uber to come and see you. You should really turn off the location on your phone" she said laughing.

"Skye you need to take your ass home!" I said pushing her and opening my car door.

"I don't have a ride. You don't want me to walk all the way back home do you?" she said with a pout and I glared at her. As much as I wanted to tell her to get to walking my conscience wouldn't let me.

"Get yo ass in the car. And hurry up before I change my mind" I said getting in the truck. She smiled and skipped to the passenger side and getting in before closing the door.

I started the car and headed to I-580 to take her ass back to Albany where she lived. It was like a 30 minute drive from where we were at.

"These your new girlfriends?" she asked picking up a picture of Missy, Ana, and I at homecoming.

"No, those are my best friends. Missy and Anastasia" I said shrugging. She smirked and put the picture back on the dashboard. I turned the music up so that I could tune her out cause I really ain't wanna be bothered by her ass.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

A N A S T A S I A

Jordan was getting on my LAST. FUCKING. NERVE. He was so jealous and it didn't even make sense to me. I was in my room with my radio blasting in an attempt to tune him out before I had to strangle him.

I was going through my phone trying to figure out how to get Missy before she got me. I just so happened to come across a picture of me and Jeremiah from when we were in middle school and I smiled.

I must admit I used to have a HUGE crush on Jeremiah and I knew he liked me back but we both had other interests and I eventually got over him. Apparently he hadn't gotten over me though.

It was a picture from when we had field day and we were playing soccer. I missed those days. Jordan barged in my room making me roll my eyes as I turned the radio down.

"May I help you?" I asked sitting up in the bed. He sighed trying to figure out how to say what he was about to say, piquing my interest.

"Yo daddy just got arrested" he said finally looking up at me.

"Arrested for what?"

"Assault and battery. Apparently his wife called the police on him for threatening her and putting his hands on her"

I got up and put on some sandals.

"Where you going?"

"To get my dad out of jail" I said about to leave out of the room but Jordan grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"You can't, they already said he wont be able to even have a bail hearing until Monday" I shook my head, today was Saturday. I snatched away from him heading out the door anyways. 

He rushed to put on his shoes before following behind me. I was gonna pay Ms. Desiree a little visit.