13. Truths

M I S S Y

"Aight thanks" I said hanging up.

"What happened Skye asked me.

"They changed their connect from the Colombians to the Peruvians, they got the Jamaican weed connect and now they have the Russians on their side" I said face palming myself.

"So what now?" Cameron asked and I shrugged. I honestly had no idea what I wanted to do next. I sat down on the couch and laid my head back. There was a knock on the door and I groaned before getting up and answering it. I was surprised to see Calico's soon-to-be-ex-wife standing there. I moved aside and let her in before closing and locking the door back.

She waved at Cameron and Skye and they just nodded their heads at her.

"So what's up Desiree?"

"I want to help you guys out" she said timidly.

"Yeah? What made you change your mind?" I asked and she sighed.

"He wants a divorce" she mumbled.

"Well... you did kinda give him AIDS" Cam said and her eyes bucked.

"Excuse me? Who are you and how do you know that"

"Apparently I'm the stepson you never knew anything about"

"S-stepson? I think you're confused. Calico only has one child. A daughter" she said looking up at me and I didn't say anything.

Cam chuckled and stood up.

"Apparently I am the product of a one night stand type of situation. He fucked my mom got her pregnant and never talked to her again because he was married" He said putting emphasis on the word 'married'.

"And I know you have HIV because he called my mom and my sister's mom and told them to get us and themselves checked out cause he don't know how long you've had it."

I could see her blinking back the tears as she tried to find something to say. But she didn't say anything.

"I'm going home" Cam said walking over to the door. "Hit me up if y'all ever figure out what y'all gone do"

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

C A L I C O

I sat in my old office as some of the girls who worked there cleaned it out. I'd been running California for 22 years and now I was passing my empire down to my daughter. I smiled as I thought of what she'd accomplished so far. I just knew she was bred for this business cause hustlin' was in her blood.

I started thinking about the day I met Larielle. She was the first woman I'd ever loved. I was a youngin though. I ain't really know what love was but I knew I loved her.

23 years ago, as I was about to walk into an office building, I noticed a woman walking towards the door to go in as well. I held the door for her but didn't take much notice of anything else about her until I took a breath as she walked through the door.

Like a fresh breeze with a slight aroma of coconut. I followed her briefly until she went one way and I had to go the other, but for days I thought about her even though I could not remember what her face looked like, only that wonderful smell as she passed.