9. Schemin'

L A R I E L L E

I was sitting in bed flipping through the channels when my doorbell rang. I groaned and got to see who was at the door and was surprised to see Missy standing there.

"Missy? Anastasia isn't here" I told her crossing my arms.

"I know, I wanted to talk to you" she said before stepping in and I closed the door behind her.

"Talk about what?"

"Anastasia..."

"What about her?"

"Do you know what's going about her being the lost cartel princess?" she asked and I sighed.

"I might know a little bit about it, why?"

she handed me an urban magazine I sat flipping through it before seeing a picture of Anastasia and a group of other people.

"California's Newest Dream Team?" I read aloud.

"Yeah, people are saying they're about to take over California" she said sitting next to me.

"'The crowning ceremony was beautiful and so was Stasi in her one of a kind hand-made gown. After she received her crown, the queen chose her ride or die crew consisting of Yung, Jaybo, Aaliyah, Jesse, and Reese, children of some of the biggest kingpins and cartel leaders.' Why aren't you apart of it?" I asked looking at her.

"I wasn't invited to the ceremony"

"Oh, well why are showing me this?" I asked knowing she didn't come over here just to let me see a picture that I would've eventually seen myself.

"We can't let her go through with being a queenpin. That's a dangerous game and I know you wouldn't want to bury your only child"

"Oh please, Ana is a grown woman. I can't control what she does anymore. If she wants to run her father's organization I'm not gonna stop her"

"So you're okay with this?"

"No I'm not, but she wants to do this for her father"

"Oh please Lari. You can't stand her father and you know it. You want him to hurt for all the things he did while you were together. What better revenge than driving his organization straight into the ground" she said standing up as I contemplated what she said.

She was right. I hated Calico for everything he did. Not only did he choose the streets over Ana and I, he went and cheated on me and got her pregnant. Then I got an idea.

"He has a son. Maybe we can find him and get him to be apart of it" I said and she nodded and smiled.

"Now you're talking. What's his name, I'll dig up some information on him" she said digging through her purse.

"Um, I think it's Cameron Taylor, he should be around the same age as Ana but he lives in Los Angeles with his mom"

"Alright, I'll see what I can do and call you later" she said before leaving and I smiled.

*

*

*

*

*

*