14. Birthday Wishes

A N A S T A S I A 

I woke up and looked at the clock. It was 11:15. A huge smile appeared on my face. Today was MY day. My 19th birthday. I threw the covers off of my body before hopping in the shower. I lathered myself up with some Sweet Pea & Violet body wash  before rinsing off and doing my daily hygiene routine.

I wrapped myself in one of my plush towels and sat on the bed. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said proceeding to lotion up. Jordan came in with a smile on his face and his hand behind his back. No doubt he was up to something.

"Happy birf'day baybeh" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you" 

"Here I got you a lil somethin'" he said handing me a neatly wrapped box with a bow on top. I eagerly opened it and it was a 24 carat diamond encrusted platinum watch.

"Aww, Jordan. It's beautiful. Thanks"

"You welcome. Your father is taking you out for lunch and shopping in an hour and then me and you going somewhere" he said smirking.

"Where we going?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"It's a surprise" he said winking before walking out of the room. I chuckled and lotioned up the rest of my body before looking for an outfit to where to lunch.

I decided on a black cami tank top, dark wash Robins shorts with a blue and plaid shirt wrapped around my waist and blue and black J's on my feet. I brushed my hair back into a neat ponytail with loose tendrils hanging in the front before applying some light makeup and throwing on a pair a studs.

Satisfied with my look, I grabbed my purse, keys, and phone before heading out.

"I'M OUT JORDAN" I said behind me.

"Aight see ya lata'"

I got into my car and checked my phone and saw that I had a text from Jeremiah.

Jaybo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANA!!! You kno we go back like 4 flats on a Cadillac and we always have and always will be tight... I hope you have fun with ya dad today... I might got a gift for you but ion kno if you deserve it lmao... happy birthday again lil ma

I smiled and replied with a simple thank you before starting my  car and heading to Marica's Seafood Restaurant near downtown Oakland. I parked next to my father's Bentley before getting out. I headed inside the restaurant to be met with a perky white girl at the entrance.

"Welcome to Marica's. Do you have a reservation?"

"Um, it should be under Taylor" I said twiddling my fingers. She smiled before opening her big book full of names. I looked around the restaurant and noticed a lot of celebrities were here eating, talking, and just enjoying the atmosphere.

"Ah here you are. Taylor. Follow me" she said grabbing a menu and leading to the middle of the restaurant. My father sat in an all ensemble consisting of a black button down shirt, black slacks and black loafers on his feet. He smiled brightly when he saw me, sliding out of the booth to give me a hug.

"Happy 19th birthday baby girl" he said before kissing my cheek.

"Thank you daddy" I said smiling before sliding into the booth. He slid in on the other side before I
picked up my menu to see what I wanted. I could feel my dad staring.

"What you staring at daddy?" I asked.

"You've just grown into a beautiful young lady. And what you've been doing with the organization has been bringing in a lot of money. I'm proud of you" he said, his smile never leaving his face.

"Well I get it from my daddy" I said with a laugh and he chuckled.

A waitress came over to us smiling.

"Welcome to Marica's. My name is Amber, I'll be your waitress for the evening. Can I start you guys off with something to eat and aan appetizer?" she asked pulling out her little black book.

"I'll take a Sprite" my dad said looking looking over the menu.

"And you miss?" she asked me.

"Um, I'll just take a fruit punch. And for my appetizer I'll just take an order of fried calamari"

"Any specific type of sauce you want for it?"

"Do you have Texas Pete?" I asked and she nodded before writing it down.

"I'm gonna go put this in and I'll be right back with your drinks" she said before walking off.

I went back to looking through the menu to see what I wanted when I felt a vibration come from my purse. I grabbed it and saw that I had a text message.

Mom: happy birthday mija

I rolled my eyes not knowing whether to reply or not so I didn't. She made it very clear she didn't want me in her life anymore so fuck her.

"You alright?" my dad asked me and I nodded as the waitress brought our drinks and took our orders. I took a sip of my juice and exhaled dreamily as I felt it cascade down my throat.

"Mom just texted me" I told him.

"Okay, what's so bad about that?"

"When I told her that I was agreeing to take your place in the organization she freaked and said she didn't want anything else to do with me if that's the lifestyle that I was choosing to live"

He sighed and sat back in his seat.

"Your mother can be a.... complicated person. But she does it out of love" he said. I scoffed.

"Love? She cut us both out of her life because of the way we choose to make money. She's a pharmaceutical rep. She basically does the same thing we do so she's a damn hypocrite" I sipping on my drink again. 

There was an awkward silence as the waitress came back with our food. I quietly ate my seafood stew while scrolling through Instagram.

Jordan had posted a picture of a bunch of balloons. The caption read: "getting shit ready for ha b-day #May15 #BestDayOfTheYear. He'd tagged me, Aaliyah, Jesse, and Jeremiah in it as well.

What does he have planned? I thought to myself. 

We finished up our meal and headed over to Fashion Valley Mall in an Diego. My dad bought me my first Michael Kors purse and watch for my birthday and we bought a bunch of unnecessary shit. It was fun though. I enjoyed spending time with him.

I received various texts from everyone throughout the day wishing me a happy birthday. Even one from my brother. 

Cam: happy birthday sis. I love you

I smiled. Just those six words had made my day. I loved my brother dearly and I would be devastated if anything happened to him.

It was around 3 when I left my dad so I decided to go and get my hair and nails done before getting ready for wherever Jordan was gonna take me.

Sorry for the long wait guys. Since it is now summer break my updates will be less frequent because I now have to type on my tablet instead of the computer. I will try my best though.

~honor_my_thug