10. Getting To Work

A N A S T A S I A

When school was out we all headed over to the trap house to officially start business, well continue since my father had already started it.

I was in the car with Jordan as he puffed on his blunt with one hand and steered the car with the other. I watched in amazement as he smoked like a damn chimney. 

He did it so perfectly and the way his lips looked when he blew the smoke out had me mesmerized. He looked over at me and smirked, causing his dimple to pop out.

"Watchu lookin' at girl?"

"When did you first start smoking?" I asked and he pulled on his chin hair thinking about it.

"I smoked my first blunt when I was about 12" he said shrugging. "Why you ask?"

"Cause, the way you do it makes it look so easy" He laughed.

"It is easy. You ain't ever smoked befo'?" he asked glancing over at me and back to the road.

"I did once but I damn near coughed up my lungs" I said and he busted out laughing.

"Yo virgin lung having ass. Here take a hit of this" he said passing it to me and I took it examining it before putting it to my lips.

"Once you inhale the smoke breathe in with it in your mouth and hold it for a few seconds before you exhale" he said and I did it like a professional. 

I took another hit and was about to take another after that until Jordan snatched it from me.

"What the hell wrong witchu girl? You ain't finna smoke all my shit, you better find the plug and get yo own" he said as we pulled up to the main trap.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car and he followed me to the door and Big T let us in. When we walked in everyone was doing what they were supposed to do and I nodded.

"Where's everyone else"

"They're in your office. They said you called a meeting" he said and I nodded before heading up the stairs to my office.

Aaliyah was sitting on my desk, Jesse was in my desk chair, and Reese was on the couch like a normal person.

"Jesse getcho ass outta my chair" I said to him.

"Yes ma'am" he said winking at me and I shook my head. Aaliyah got off my desk and sat in one of the chairs. Jordan sat on the couch with Reese and everyone waited for me to speak.

"First order of business: anyone know how to run a cartel, cause I sure as hell don't" 

Everyone looked at each other not saying anything. I mean I know I was training and all that but I didn't actually know what to do with drugs or even how to get them.

Just then my dad's friend Sincere walked in. Apparently he was like my godfather but I had never met him before the coronation thanks to my mother.

"I sensed that my expertise was needed" he said taking a seat. I looked over at Aaliyah and she looked like she wanted to pounce on him.

"Well yeah. We don't know the first thing about a running a cartel. How did you and my dad do so well for all these years?" I asked and he cocked his head to the side thinking for a moment.

"Well it's good to have good connects. Go to the Jamaicans cause they got the best weed and definitely to the Colombians for the best coca"

"And how do we ensure that they give us fair prices and remain loyal to us" Aaliyah asked.

"Honestly it depends on who's running it. Some people cam be difficult and wanna jack the prices up, but you gotta let mu'fuckas know yeen the ones not be fucked with. Y'all can't be no lil bitches either AND you definitely gone have to catch a few bodies along the way. Also make sure you got good allies in case of a turf war, like the Russians, cause them wars get deadly as fuck if you don't got the right soldiers on ya team. Ya dig?" he asked and we all nodded.