Chapter 9

I made it to an empty room and sat there silently thinking to myself. My mind was flooded with questions and scenarios. What do I do? 

I folded my arms on the table and lay my head down. I hid my face as I felt tears on the verge of escaping. I wasn't sad. I was quite the opposite, I was excited yet nervous. I was crying because I'm not used to this, I'm used to living in the shadows till I came into the light swinging but now I have to tread carefully. If I go around punching and beating people up like I usually do then I could be kicked out and I may never see Colby again but if I don't do anything then Sam and Colby will be bullied. I want my simple life back! 

"CARMEN!" I heard Colby screaming at the top of his lungs. He sounded like he was panicking. MASON! 

I ran out of the room to see Mason's wolf pack grouped in one area. My guess was that Mason was in the middle with Colby. I walked closer to them.

"Mason! Let him go!" I shouted getting everyone's attention. The pack of wolves separated to show Mason hold Colby by the shoulder of his shirt. Mason smugly smirked at me while Colby looked at me pleadingly. 

"Mason, I'm not going to tell you again... Let him go!" I screamed visibly showing my anger. My aggression only made Mason smile grow. 

"Come and get him," He said before pushing Colby to the floor harshly. I walked forward staring them down. I was confused as they stepped back a little to let me walk to Colby. When I got to him I was surrounded by the wolf pack, all of them simply watching me. Somethings wrong. 

Suddenly, Mason swung at me. Trying to punch me in the face I blocked his hit with my arm. Shock and gasps filled the area. All the guys there were astonished. 

"Big mistake," I announced before elbowing Mason in the face. Knocked back. Three guys lunged for me. I ducked down and under one of the guys' legs. Now behind him, I stood up and pushed him into another guy. The other tripped and fell on them. Another tried punching me but I did a back flip and kicked him away. I landed with my back to two guys. Suddenly, I jolted my arms back elbowing them both in the chest making them cough and gasp for air. The last two guys cracked their fingers to sound macho... It didn't work. I cracked my neck making them look afraid. I did a cartwheel and I landed in a way which meant I was crouched on the floor. I kicked their feet from under them making them fall backwards and hit their head off the floor. I stood up straight with a grin. 

I looked up to see Colby looking past me afraid. I turned around to see the headteacher, Mrs Chester, Although he did say earlier that he hated them I was still afraid. He'd have to report this. I'd be kicked out and never see Sam and Colby again! 

I'm such an idiot!!!! This whole thing was a setup...

Note to self: Check your surroundings before fighting!