Chapter 12

Previously

I was dragged away by Alouis, pulled up the stairs, into a room, and then the door slammed. I cringed.

Now

(Your POV)

"What was that?! They don't tell you what to do! You don't have to go with them! You don't have to do anything with them! WHY DID I EVER GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO SPEAK?!?" Alouis yells, pacing around the room while pinching the bridge of his nose. "Take a chill pill. It's going to be okay. I'm still going to go, only because it seems interesting, but you really need to calm down. I'm about to throw a door handle at you because you need to get a grip. You aren't in charge of me either." You responded.

"I see what you mean..." He mumbles. You just continued to talk and laugh from then on, at least until tea time. "Young master, I have your tea." You hear a monotone voice say from outside the door.

Alouis let him enter, and you drank tea and continued to talk. You glanced out the window, only to see the triplets waiting at the garden. It was after tea time anyways.

"Hey, um... if you will excuse me for a moment..." You mumbled. "Oh... It's after tea time isn't it..." Alouis responds, sadness laced into his voice. "Yeah..." You said as you stood up. You brushed off your skirt and headed out to the garden.

"See you later!" You said with a small wave and a smile. When you got there, all three of their frowns turned upside down.

"Hello, (Y/N)." They all said simultaneously. "Did you practice that?" You asked while giggling a little. They whispered and Timber mumbled, "Maybe..."

"(Y/N), we need you to answer this question. Completely truthful." Thompson asked. "Okay... what is it?" You asked.

"Can you tell us apart right now?" They had switched their hairstyles. You don't know how, but you could tell. You knew who was who, there was just something different about each of them. "Yes..."

"Who is who?" Asked Canterbury. You dragged up your hand and pointed shakily at Timber, then Thompson, then Canterbury. "Timber, Thompson, Canterbury." You said.

They all smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good."

You made conversation and laughed with each other, but they said they had to leave for a few minutes. As they left, you stood up to admire the beautiful flowers around you.

You twirled in adoration of the beautiful garden, your skirt swirling along with you. You giggled since you began to feel a little dizzy, not noticing the five yearning gazes directed towards you. You stopped spinning and held your head for a minute, and walked back up to the flowers in pleasure.

"(Y/N)... We're back." Thompson says, the other two following behind him. "Claude says-" Timber began. "It's time to leave the garden." Claude interrupts, smirk unmistakably plastered against his face.

"Fine..." you mumbled in response as you dragged yourself away from the beautiful scenery behind you. You gave a small smile and a wave to the twins. "Bye guys, see you later." You whispered to them.

Suddenly, you got a flashback.

~FLASHBACK~

"Please recite your poem about society (Y/N)." The teacher asks of me. You can do this. You thought to yourself. You strutted up to the front of the classroom, holding your papers tightly. You began to read off of them.

"Welcome to society,

We hope you enjoy your stay,

And please feel free to be yourself,

As long as it's in the right way,

Make sure you love your body,

Not too much or we'll tear you down,

We'll bully you for smiling,

And then wonder why you frown,

We'll tell you that you're worthless,

That you shouldn't make a sound,

And then cry with all the others,

As you're buried in the ground,

You can fall in love with anyone,

As long as it's who we choose,

And we'll let you have your opinions,

But please shape them to our views,

Welcome to society,

We promise that we won't deceive,

And one more rule now that you're here,

There's no way you can leave.

~e.h"

You performed. You felt proud. Later you received your grade, which was a 100%. Everyone else got somewhere in the 80's. "Thank you for finding a poem that tells the truth. Unlike the others, who described society like a good place." Your teacher complemented.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

You were crying silently, remembering how true that was. How society found a way to pick on you no matter what you did, and you learned to live with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I feel so bad, it's Sunday at 12:37am and I forgot to update yesterday. Whoops. But it's practically Saturday anyways. Love you all!

💖~Madi