Chapter 2

Scorpius Malfoy

I saw her again. Rose Weasley.

After that hex in fifth year and seeing her on the train, something had changed. All summer I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her flowing red hair, her chocolate brown eyes, her sass, everything about Rose Weasley was amazing.

She'll never fall for a guy like me.

Wait! Have I just told you that I've got a secret crush on Rose Weasley?! Damn it.

"Mate what's up with you?" My best friend Damien Hart asked me as we stepped off the train.

"What? Oh nothing." I shrugged it off.

"Is it about Rose Weasley?" He suddenly asked me.

"How did you-"

"You're so obvious spill it." He chuckled at me.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes at him. "Yes it is about Rose Weasley. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about her over the summer... and I think I might be falling for her." I explained for some reason quite nervous about the last part of that sentence.

"Wow, I can't say I'm surprised. She is a pretty girl." Damien agreed with me.

I looked away to see Rose a few paces in front of me, which suddenly made me more cautious.

"I want to try and have a friendly relationship with her, try and settle this disagreement since first year. So what if our parents didn't get along. Doesn't mean we can't." I sighed.

"You're right, firstly you need to be her friend. You can't just jump into a relationship." Damien agreed with me.

Soon our friends, Blake Richards and Jamie Winchester came over to join us as we made our way to the carriages to take us up towards the castle.

"Hey guys." Blake said as him and Jamie joined us.

"I saw you staring at Weasley Malfoy." Jamie smirked at me.

"Oh yeah, well I saw you staring Greensdale Winchester." I replied back. I had noticed that Jamie had a secret crush on Maisie Greensdale, Rose's best friend. He never admitted to us that he liked her, he was just too obvious.

"Shut up Malfoy." He mumbled flushing dark red.

"Come on we better get on a carriage." Damien said climbing onto one, myself, Blake and Jamie following shortly behind him.

It wasn't long before my eyes became fixed upon the beautiful Hogwarts Castle. The lights inside lit up the place as the stars shone high above the sky.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by a really hard nudge by Damien. Ouch.

Soon, we climbed off the carriages and mad our way into the Great Hall. We sat down at the Slytherin Table and waited for Headmistress McGonagall to make her speech. There was also the sorting ceremony which seemed to go on forever. Finally after what seemed like ages it was over and the food appeared in front of us everyone tucking in to the mouth-watering pieces of chicken.

Once again, my eyes became fixed upon the gorgeous red head across the hall. Although her back was towards me, it didn't stop me looking at her.

"Malfoy, stop drooling over Weasley." Blake snickered at me making me fall out of my daydream.

"I can't help it." I sighed.

"You know what you have to do." Jamie said.

"I know."

"Just talk to her. That's where you need to start." Damien gave me a small smile.

Of course they were right. If I wanted something more than a friendship with Rose then I needed to start being her friend.