Chapter 8

Scorpius Malfoy

Everyone's head turned towards the door. The teachers stood up. I quickly looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw the Weasley's and Potters quickly sprint out of the Great Hall. Myself, Damien, Blake and Jamie immediately followed them and soon a crowd of people was emerging.

We pushed our way to the front of the crowd and was shocked to see what our eyes became fixed upon.

On the floor was a pool of scarlet red blood that glistened in the sunlight. A yellow scarf with pink flowers was covered in blood.

"Whats happened?" Damien asked.

"Has someone been attacked?"

"Is anyone missing?"

"Wait, where's Emmelie?" Fred asked. Emmelie Olson was a seventh year Gryffindor that was one of James and Fred's good friends.

"She said she was heading off to lesson early to finish some homework." Ruby Forest said.

"That's her scarf." Milla Lawson, another friend of James and Fred's suddenly said.

"And I've got only one person who's responsible for this." Fred said angry.

"Let me through please!" The voice of Headmistress McGonagall shouted her her face went pale when she became fixed upon the blood and scarf.

"All of you back to your Common Rooms! Immediately!" McGonagall ordered.

"But Headmistress! What about classes?" Roxanne Weasley asked.

"All lessons are suspended until this matter is sorted out." McGonagall said much quieter but still loud enough for everyone to hear.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone with red hair come and stand next to me. Rose

Everyone began muttering as they walked back to their Common Rooms.

"What do we do?" Rose quietly asked me as we walked.

"I don't know." I admitted.

"Personally all I think we can do is continue practising and wait." Rose said.

"I think you're right." I nodded and she then headed to Gryffindor Common room.

Rose was right. We couldn't force them to bring the attack forward. We had to wait.

The waiting game is painful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later and it was December 8th. Lessons were still cancelled and students were becoming more concerned and scared for their safety. Everyone was keeping themselves busy by reading their school books. There was nothing else to do.

McGonagall had tightened up the security at the school and everywhere you went Aurors were patrolling the halls and guarding doors. She knew the threat the school had but she couldn't understand why three students were the threat.

Aurors were working tirelessly trying to find Emmelie. They hadn't found her so far.

As for Rachel, Marcus, and Reece there weren't to be seen. Some believe that they had fled to escape danger but they didn't know that they were behind the attacks. Others who knew they were the attackers believed that they had fled to plot. But their location was unknown.

I myself had no idea on where they could be. Everyday, I kept thinking on where they might be but my mind was blank.

Me and Rose had grown closer over the past week. We had been working closely on how to prepare for what lies ahead. My feelings were growing stronger and were becoming more powerful.