Chapter 4

Scorpius Malfoy

"Scorpius!" The voice of James Potter could be heard behind me.

"Alright James?" I asked him as he caught his breath.

"It's Rose. She was attacked. I thought I should let you know as Albus told me you're trying to get a mutual friendship with her." James explained.

"Oh my god is she ok?" My eyes widened.

"We don't know. If I hear anything, I'll tell you." James said.

I nodded and he headed off back down the corridor.

Shock began to run through my body. Who would attack Rose? Why would someone attack Rose? All I could feel was hatred towards the person who did this. I rushed back to Slytherin Common Room and went up to my dormitory. I found Damien, Blake and Jamie sitting in our dormitory talking.

"What's up Scorpion?" Blake asked me. For the past 4 years I had told him to stop calling me that. It hadn't worked.

"James just told me Rose has been attacked." I said.

All three of them were shocked.

"By who?" Jamie broke the silence.

"He doesn't know. No one does." I replied. 

All three of them exchanged nervous glances between them. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep. I looked at my alarm clock, it read 5:30am. All night I couldn't stop thinking about Rose. It was killing me not knowing what had happened to her.

Blake, Jamie and Damien were all still asleep, so I went to the door and opened it. I slowly shut it behind me and went down to the common room and sat in front of the burnt out fire. 

I then heard a dormitory door open and then close. I expected it to be either Damien, Blake or Jamie wondering why my bed was empty, but it was a girl.

It was Rachel Douglas, a girl in my class.

"What's up Scorpy?" She asked me in a high pitched voice and giggled as she sat down quite close next to me. 

"Nothing I'm fine." I replied showing nothing towards her.

"Come on you can tell me." She said linking her arm into mine but I pulled away. 

"It's nothing I promise you." I said getting a little angry.

"It's Rose isn't it?" She suddenly asked me, looking hurt. My stomach turned.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"I can see it in your eyes." She replied looking angry.

"Well no it isn't." I replied shocked and angry and walked off back to my dormitory. I looked back to see Rachel slump on the sofa, looking furious. 

I opened the door to find Damien, Blake and Jamie sat on their beds talking..

"Where did you go? We thought something had happened!" Jamie said as I sat down on my bed. 

"I couldn't sleep. I just went down to the common room." I replied.  

"Are you sure?" Damien asked me.

"Yeah of course I'm sure." I rolled my eyes.

They still looked unsure but didn't say a word.

Later on, we all made our way down to the Great Hall for breakfast. It was fairly busy and the noise of chatter filled the room. A small second year handed me a note as I sat down and then darted off in the direction she came in. 

'Meet me outside the Great Hall after breakfast. I need to tell you something.'

Lucy Weasley

I looked over towards the Gryffindor Table to see Lucy Weasley looking at me to see if I had received the note. I gave her a thumbs up and she nodded and turned back to talk to her friends.

"What does it say?" Blake asked me.

"Lucy Weasley wants me to meet her outside the Great Hall after breakfast. Apparently she needs to tell me something." I explained.

"Maybe she has some information to do with the attack on Rose." Damien shrugged.

"Maybe." I replied.

I stood and waited for Lucy to come out of the Great Hall. Once she found me we both walked to a deserted corridor where we figured it was safe to talk.

"I found out something that could be related to Rose's attack. I know you want to be her friend so I thought I should tell you." Lucy said.

"Have you told the others?" I asked.

"No. Not yet."

"Okay."

"Yesterday at breakfast, I noticed Rachel Douglas staring at you. Well, the other day, when you were talking to a girl in your Potions class, I noticed her angry expression. Later on, I found the girl unconscious in the library. I then saw another girl go up to you and I happened to hear your conversation, something about homework? Any way Rachel was watching you. A couple of hours later, I heard she was taken to St Mungos. Something about an attack. I think they link up somehow." Lucy explained.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. Melissa Kennedy had been found unconscious in the library a few days before Rose's attack and Ella Ferguson had been taken to St Mungos. Apparently, her food had been poisoned. 

"I was thinking about Rose's attack the other day and those other attacks link up. I think Rachel has something to do with it." Lucy sighed.

"I see your point." I said.

"I'm going to tell the others about this but can you keep this to yourself for now?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah sure." I smiled.

She then headed down the corridor and I went the opposite direction. The theory had shocked me. Rachel Douglas was annoying and a bit clingy but why would she hurt people?

I was going to have to investigate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------