Chapter 23

Rose Weasley

Things were becoming more scary as the night became darker very quickly and many people were concerned. This next battle was coming fast. I just hoped everyone was prepared.

I was walking back from lunch when I overheard a conversation:

"Miller what do we do now? We can't stay here. We're not on their side." A girls voice spoke.

"Shut your mouth. I've got a plan." Miller's voice replied.

"Oh yeah and what's that? Plan to put someone under the Imperius Curse again? Cause more heartbreak? Throw a rock at a girls head and nearly kill her?"

"Lacey! I didn't know he was going to do that! And Milla didn't die. Lucky girl anyway. I would've done much worse to her!" Miller cried. I gasped.

"Well I hope your plan is better than the last one!"

"It was you?" I stepped out from where I was listening. "You did that to Scorpius?"

"Go away Weasley! This has nothing to do with you." Lacey snapped.

"Mind your attitude Caldon!" I cried.

"Why are you eavesdropping anyway?"

"Well I mean I knew ages ago it was you who did that to Milla. Didn't want to be with you did she? So you decided to kill her?"

"No! No I wouldn't do that."

"I had a witness! Don't make me laugh. You're pathetic. But why hurt Scorpius? What did he ever do to you."

"It wasn't what he did to me." He sighed.

"What?"

"It was under orders."

"Oh let me guess. Rachel Douglas?"

"Yes."

"You're stupid."

"Well I intend to be on her side." He came up to me, looked me right in the eye and sneered before apparating away with Lacey.

A sense of shook ran through my body. After 3 months of thinking Scorpius didn't love me anymore, I find out that he had all along. He didn't do that to me. It wasn't his mind. He was right. The Imperius curse makes people do bad things and that is what he did. How could I have been so stupid?! I'm meant to be the smart one and right now I felt like a complete idiot.

I desperately searched the corridors for Scorpius but there was no sign of him. Feeling defeated I went back to the Common Room.

"You alright Rose?" Maisie asked as I sat on the floor next to her.

"I've just found out something." I replied still in shock.

"What's happened?" Maisie replied concerned.

"It turns out Scorpius was under the Imperius Curse when he broke up with me. H-he was right all along." I explained.

"Oh my god. But how?" Maisie's eyes widened.

"It was Miller Haven. I overheard him talking to Lacey Caldon and he admitted it. I can't believe I've been so stupid." I sighed.

"Have you tried to make it up with him?"

"I went to look for him but I couldn't find him."

"It wasn't your fault you didn't know." Maisie gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I know. I just wish I had seen the signs sooner. " I replied.

"Everything will be fine." Maisie smiled.