Chapter 9

Rose Weasley

"...but I needed to say that I love you and-"

I cut him off by reaching up and kissing him. I wanted to hear those words. I had been thinking that my feelings towards Scorpius had changed, so I went to find him to tell him. He had done the exact same thing.

"That's all I needed to hear." I whispered.

"Well that's what I wanted to say." Scorpius grinned.

"I'm glad you made the right choice." I smiled.

"So am I."  He said.

"I think we better head back to our Common rooms. No doubt the others will want to hear about this." I laughed. Maisie definitely wanted to hear about this.

"I agree." Scorpius smiled.

"I love you." I told him looking into is bright blue eyes.

"I love you too and I always will." Scorpius replied giving me one last kiss before we both went in different directions back to our Common rooms.

I squealed like a small child. I can't believe Scorpius Malfoy was my boyfriend. It sounded pretty strange to hear that. Maybe the feud between our families could end after we told them. My Dad certainly won't be happy considering he calls the Malfoys "the enemy". He told me to beat Scorpius in every test (which I had done obviously.)

But who cares?! I'm in love with the enemy and soon my Dad will accept it.

I reached the Gryffindor Common Room when I saw a figure curled up outside the portrait hole crying.

It was Lily.

"Lily what's wrong?" I asked  as I sat down next to her.

"I-I'm scared R-Rose." She said as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"I know you are. But we all are. Don't worry. Everything will be fine." I reassured her with a smile.

"B-but what is s-something b-bad happens?"

"Nothing bad will happen. Where's the confident Lily that I know? Always ready to put up a fight." I laughed wiping away her tears.

"I was never that confident Rose. I just feel a little unsure about whats going to happen." Lily sighed.

"Keep your hopes up. We've got everyone behind us." I smiled confidently.

"Ok." Lily seemed more happier and we stood up and went into the Common room.

"How comes you were out?" She asked me.

"Oh... I er I-I went to find someone." I stuttered.

"Who?" Lily grinned at me.

"Scorpius." I mumbled turing a dark shade of red.

"Oh my god did he ask you out?!" Lily squealed.

"Er yes." I said.

"Tell me you said yes!" Lily laughed.

"Of course I did!" I laughed.

"Aw congratulations Rosie!" Lily gave me a hug.

"Thanks Lil." I laughed hugging her back.

"I better head back up to my dormitory. Thanks for comforting me Rose. Good luck with Scorpius! You're right. We're all in this together." Lily smiled heading up the stairs.

"You're welcome." I smiled heading up to my own dormitory.

I was just about to open the door when a body collided with me. Maisie.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Maisie immediately asked. She was always eager to know details.

"Calm down Maisie." I rolled my eyes as I sat down on my bed.

"I want details. You've been gone ages!" Maisie said.

"Fine. I actually ran into Scorpius as I was looking for him. He told me he needed to tell me something and I said the same thing. I had a feeling that we were both going to say the same thing so I told him to say what he wanted to say first. He told me he loved me and that's all I needed to hear. I kissed him and that's that." I explained.

"OMG YES! I SHIP SCOROSE!" Maisie said jumping up and down.

"Scorose?" I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"What? It's your ship name!" Maisie laughed.

"Ok yours and Jamies' ship name is Jaimsie." I replied.

"Oooo. I like that." Maisie grinned.

I did feel sorry for Josh. He still liked her. I saw his face when Maisie told Albus, Jenson and Josh. He looked hurt. I told him that I thought it wasn't going to last long but I didn't dare to tell Maisie that. Jamie had had 6 previous girlfriends over the 6 years at Hogwarts and all of them he had cheated on. He wasn't so sure but I gave him confidence.

For the next few hours we talked until we got ready for bed. There was a small smile that stayed on my face. There was light at the end of a dark tunnel.

But was the dark tunnel going to have serious consequences?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was bright and sunny. However as I went to meet Scorpius there was something extremely odd. The Great Hall was fairly deserted considering it was 8:15am.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Apparently only those in fifth year and above are allowed to stay. McGonagall sent the younger ones home because she feels that they are too young to be at the centre of all this." Scorpius explained.

"So that means Hugo, Louis, Roxanne and Lily have gone home?" I said.

"Looks like it." Scorpius shrugged.

I was surprised. I suspected McGonagall feared for their safety. If I was her, I would've done the same. Young people should not have to witness something so horrible.

I eventually found Maisie, Albus, Jenson and Josh and I went to go sit with them after saying goodbye to Scorpius.

"I heard McGonagall has sent everyone fourth year and below home." I said as I sat down.

"Yeah, Lily briefly said goodbye to me this morning." Albus nodded.

"This shouldn't be happening. None of us deserve to miss out on our education." Maisie sighed.

"Blame Rachel, Marcus and Reece. It's their fault." Josh said.

"Yeah, none of could've predicted what happening now." Jenson agreed.

HeadMistress McGonagall then stood up and waited for silence. Every head turned her way.

"Good morning students. Now you may be wondering why it is so empty. All students in fourth year and below have been sent home as I fear that they may be a target in the upcoming weeks. Some of you know who is the threat to the school and unfortunately it is three students. Their names? Rachel Douglas, Marcus Fox and Reece Cooper. None of you should be left wondering who they are. You've all been trained to fight those dark forces. As once said by Albus Dumbledore. Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers, to turn on the light."

"At least McGonagall had the guts to say that." Jenson said.

"My younger sisters must be terrified." Josh sighed.

"This just isn't fair." Maisie sighed.

Albus and I nodded. Everyone's safety mattered especially those that were younger than us.

I looked over at Scorpius who gave me a smile.This suddenly made me more determined to defeat those evil people.

I was in love and I wasn't going to lose him.

I wasn't going to lose anyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------