Chapter 25

Rose Weasley

Spells were being fired and hexes being cursed at every angle. I was dodging everything as much as I could while trying to take down Death Eaters. I quickly fired a spell that sent one flying away and I ran down the corridor.

It seems that Death Eaters were firing spells at walls trying to kill us. Somehow everything was dodging us. I ducked under a spell that was fired by a death eater and it hit one of his own.

I stumbled as I entered the Great Hall. A few seconds later I was hit in the back by a spell and I fell to the ground. I groaned as the pain was unbearable. I couldn't move so I lay still on the ground. My hands were bleeding and I could feel blood trickling down my face.

"Rose are you ok?" Uncle Harry appeared above me.

"I don't know. I can't move." I groaned.

"Stay still, don't move." Uncle Harry quickly hurried away.

"Rose are you ok?" Mum dropped to her knees beside me.

"Mum it hurts." I cried. My eyes were stinging with tears.

"You're gonna be fine Rose. Do you remember what happened?" Dad stroked my hair.

"I entered the Great Hall and was hit with some spell on my back.." I explained.

"It could've been anyone that did it." Mum said.

I didn't know who hit me with the spell, but I do know it bloody hurt. I lay very still seeing spells flying across my head not knowing who they hit.

I couldn't stay awake any longer. My eyes drifted into darkness.

----------

I woke up in a hospital bed with bright lights shining above me. Looks like I was back in St Mungos. I grabbed a mirror from the desk and looked at my face. I had several cuts across my face and bruises all over my body. My back wasn't in pain anymore so it looks like healers had helped there. I then saw a figure walk into the room. It was Scorpius. What was he doing here?!

"Scorpius?" I said shocked.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

"Another bloody battle. That's whats happened to me." I replied sitting up.

"Only cuts and bruises." He laughed a little.

"And a few broken ribs." I replied laughing.

"Could've been worse."

"True. Everyone had liquid luck so there were only injures. No deaths." I sighed.

"Is the school destroyed?" He asked me.

"Not really. Only walls have been knocked down and the Great Hall is a mess. It was used to treat the injured. It looks like a war hospital." I sighed.

"That must be hard to look at. The Great Hall is usually a bright and bubbly place." Scorpius said.

"Yeah now it's just dull and dark." I agreed.

"Everything will be ok. I wish I could say the same for my family at the moment." Scorpius sighed.

"I heard what happened. I'm sure she'll be fine." I held his hand.

"But what if everything's not alright? What if something bad happens? What if she dies?" Scorpius looked to the floor in tears.

I pulled him into a hug. I knew he was struggling and I wanted to take his pain away so badly. I loved him with all my heart.

"Listen, I know you're going through a hard time. But I think I have something that might take some things off your shoulders for a short time." I said wiping away my tears.

"What do you mean?" Scorpius asked looking up.

"I know you were under the Imperius Curse. I know that you wouldn't break up with me. I was going to tell you but Damien told me you had left Hogwarts to be here. I wasn't sure when I was going to tell you what I had found out." I explained.

Scorpius looked lost for words. He looked at me shocked.

"Do you know who did it?" He asked.

"Miller Haven. He's not in the school any more." I replied.

There was silence for a few minutes.

"I can't take away your anger. But I can take away some stress." Tears stung my eyes.

"I still love you." He whispered, holding my cheek while our foreheads touched.

"And I still love you." I said kissing his cheek.

"Why does nothing ever work our for us?" Scorpius laughed a little.

"I don't know. There's always something going on." I laughed back.

"I think we still need a bit of time apart. Just to sort our heads out?"  Scorpius suggested.

"Good idea. No point in denying it." I nodded.

"It's not like we don't want to be together."

"I want you more than anything in the world Scorpius. I won't deny it. With everything that has been going on lately, I think we need a fresh start. When the time is right, we'll get back together." I smiled.

"Definitely." He smiled back.

At the moment, everything was tough but we would make it through in the end.

We were strong and capable of anything.

------------

A few days later I was released from St Mungos. There was good news regarding Scorpius' mother as she was getting better. As for Rachel, Marcus and Reece, they had been recaptured and prisoned far away from each other. Other death eaters had escaped and were now in hiding so not much had been resolved. The Ministry had gone to extra security matters to ensure Rachel, Marcus and Reece would not get bail ever again. I think they realised it was a bad decision.

I was currently say reading a book (once again) when Maisie's Owl flew into the room. It was nearly the end of the school term:

Rose,

I thought I'd write to you to see how you're doing. Also because I'm bored. But mainly for the first reason.

Not much has happened here lately. Repairs to the school have been mended but there is still a depressing mood around the school. Everyone knows about Rachel, Marcus and Reece and Headmistress McGonagall said the drama was over for now. She didn't really need to say it because we all know it isn't.

Anyway I hope you're doing well and I'll see you next term.

Maisie xx

I smiled at Maisie's letter. Looks like Headmistress McGonagall was trying to reassure students that things were at least trying to look better. However, none of us were stupid and we all knew that nothing was over.

We would have to fight harder.

---------