Chapter 20

Rose Weasley

After being sent home from Hogwarts Mum and Dad said I could go to Diagon Alley. I decided to go to Uncle George's shop so if anything happened I was surrounded by witches and wizards. I was looking at the items when I saw Scorpius. I walked over to him.

"Did you want to get out of the house as well." I asked taking his hands

He pulled his hand away from me and looked at me with disgust. "Why do you care?" He sneered.

"I only asked." I said a little hurt.

"Well don't. You know what. It's over. You can get out of my life and I can get out of yours." He said walking away from me. I stood their gobsmacked for a few seconds before running out of the shop.

"Rose?" I heard Uncle George call my name but I didn't turn around. I ran all the way home.

I burst through the front door and pushed past my parents. Ignoring their concern I stormed up to my room, slammed the door shut and sunk to the floor in tears. After everything that has gone on this happens. The boy that I loved dumps me right on the spot. It was so unexpected but it hurt like I had been stabbed in the heart.

"Rose? Are you ok? Open the door sweetheart." Mums soft voice called me from behind the door.

I got up and opened the door and Mum pulled me into a tight hug. I sobbed into her chest.

"What's happened?" Mum asked me wiping away my tears.

"Scorpius dumped me. R-right on the spot. I-I don't know w-what I've done wrong." I cried tears coming thicker and faster.

Mum looked at Dad with a worried expression but Dad looked angry and his face was red.

"I knew that Malfoy wasn't to be trusted. I'm gonna kill him." Dad said heading off back downstairs.

"Ronald! Ronald Weasley!" Mum headed off to find him.

"What's going on?" Hugo asked. Lily, Roxanne and Louis stood behind him.

"Scorpius broke up with me." I whispered.

Hugo pulled me into a tight hug while Lily, Roxanne and Louis followed. Hugo could see the sadness in my eyes so he gave me a kiss on my forehead and wiped away my tears.

"How comes you three are here?" I asked.

"Mum and Dad have gone out and they didn't trust James to look after me. I don't blame them." Lily shrugged.

"Same with Fred." Roxanne laughed.

"I think Mum and Dad trust Vic and Dom but they said I could come here." Louis smiled.

"Anyway what happened?" Hugo asked.

"I was in Uncle George's Joke shop when I saw Scorpius, so I went up to him. He was just rude to me and said it was over and then walked away." I explained tears falling again.

"That's odd. Was there anything different about him? Anything abnormal?" Roxanne asked me.

"Just him acting strange. Other than that no." I sighed.

"Ok well your father has calmed down. Thank god. Rose I don't know what to say. I'm sorry." Mum gave me a sympathetic look.

"It's ok Mum." I gave her a small smile.

"Keep your head up Rose." You're going to be just fine." Louis said.

"Yeah. You can do better than Scorpius anyway. Show him what he's missing!" Lily gave me a confident smile.

But can I really do better than Scorpius?

-----------

There had been a letter in the post. All students must return to Hogwarts immediately. Well that was a waste of time. We had been off for a month and it was now March. I got all my stuff together in my trunk and brought it downstairs.

"I don't see the point of going back!" Hugo moaned.

"Hugo! This is your education we're talking about! Besides, I loved going back to Hogwarts!" Mum cried.

"I didn't." Dad muttered. I laughed.

"Not helping Ronald."

"That helped." Hugo laughed.

"Come on, we better go." Mum said. We all climbed into the car and made our way to Kings Cross Station. We weaved in and out of Muggles and took a run at the wall. My eyes soon became fixed upon the Hogwarts Express. Despite it being March, it was still going to depart at 11am. I looked round the platform seeing if I could Scorpius anywhere and try to talk to him. However, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Rosie, if you're looking for who I think you're looking for, just give up. He's a useless git." Dad told me. Mum glared at him.

"I know." I sighed.

It was one minute to eleven so I climbed onto the train after saying goodbye to my parents. The train then slowly pulled away from the station, every single parent had worry etched across their face. I went to try and find Maisie and I stumbled across her in an empty compartment.

"Rose!" Maisie jumped up and went to hug me.

"Hi Maisie." I sighed closing the compartment door and sitting down opposite her.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Not good." I said.

"Why what's happened?"

"Scorpius broke up with me." I said tears springing to me eyes.

"What?! Oh my god. I'm so sorry. What happened?" Maisie sighed.

"I was in my Uncle's joke shop when I saw him and went up to him. He was acting all strange and rude to me and said it was over and walked away." I explained, tears falling down my face.

"That's very harsh. I wonder why he did that." Maisie wondered.

"Probably because he hates me." I laughed a little, wiping away my tears.

"How could he hate you? He was in love with you!" Maisie said confused.

"Hate who?" Albus Josh and Jenson walked in and sat down.

"Scorpius broke up with Rose the other day." Maisie explained.

"What?" Josh said.

"But why?" Jenson asked.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"That's a little odd. He was madly in love with you." Albus said.

"Have you seen him since?" Josh asked.

"No, I tried looking for him on the platform but I couldn't see him."

The train journey went very quickly and we were all climbing off and getting onto carriages. The feast sped by quickly and soon Headmistress McGonagall gave a speech about how we should be brave and not fear these Dark Forces. As we were heading to our Common Rooms someone called my name:

"Rose." I turned round to see Scorpius with his friends. He had a look of desperation.

"Back off Malfoy. Leave her alone." Maisie said.

I didn't say anything but I could feel my eyes stinging as I tried to hold back tears. I then walked off not knowing what to say.

"Are you ok?" Maisie asked.

"Yeah I'm fine."

Getting over this was going to be tougher than I thought.

---------------