Chapter 24

Scorpius Malfoy

"Scorpius! Stop pacing. You're making me feel uncomfortable." Adrianna cried rolling her eyes as she sat in the waiting room of St Mungos.

"Sorry sorry. Where's Dad?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"He's still with Mum. I'm sure everything will be fine." Adrianna gave me a weak smile. There was no hope in her eyes.

I nodded slowly. We didn't know what was wrong with Mum or whether she would be ok. Dad was still with her and he hadn't been to see us. I was desperate to know Mum was ok. It was painful.

"Say if something did happen to Mum-"

"Don't Scorpius. She hasn't been ill like this before." Adrianna cut me off.

"But what if-"

"No Scorpius. Don't say what I think you're going to say. Mum will be fine."

I slumped back in the chair. If something did happen to Mum I didn't know what I would do. I might not get along with her at times but in the end she was my mother and I loved her.

Dad then walked down the corridor looking pale and tired. It looked like he had been with Mum all day.

"Is she ok?" I asked getting up.

"Your mothers very poorly at the moment. Healers think it's a blood bourne disease. It is curable but the treatment is very long and it could be a while until she is well again." Dad sighed.

"Is she awake?" Adrianna said.

"No. It could be a while until she comes round." Dad replied.

"Can we see her?"

"Of course. I'm going to pop home for a couple hours and I'll be back later. Is that alright?"

"Yes Dad we'll be fine. If anything happens I'll send you a Patronus." Adrianna smiled.

Dad nodded and apparated away at once. I walked nervously towards Mums room unsure of what I might see. I looks through the window and my heart was in my mouth.

There laid my mother Astoria Malfoy. She was asleep and pale, like the life was being drained out of her. Various tubes hung around her bed and a monitor was beeping at a slow rate.

I sat down on one of the chairs and held Mums hand gently. Her hand was cold and numb. Tears were stinging my eyes as I took in mum's appearance. This disease is not something someone would put on her. It can't be contracted that way.

I have no idea what had happened but right now a miracle was needed.

-------------

7 hours had passed by and there was still no change and not one piece of evidence about what had happened to Mum had been found. I wasn't expecting anything straight away but hours had passed. I was becoming more worried by the minute.

"Scorpius." Dad said.

"Yes?" I turned to face him.

"Apparently there's been another battle at Hogwarts. Looks like not everything stays normal in the Wizarding World. Anyway, I think you better come with me."