Chapter 7

It was quidditch tryouts today. Allison, dressed in her golden quidditch garb, was at the base of the Hufflepuff tower with her other housemates. The team captain did his introduction and then the game was on.

Allison mounted her broom and hovered in the air, waiting for the captain to toss up the quaffle. Her eyes were trained on it as it was thrown in the air and she took off like a bullet when the whistle was blown. She competed against the other Hufflepuffs and she ended up in possession of the ball, them on her tail as she raced to the hoops.

Allison and the other chaser on her side worked together to get the quaffle through the hoop, successfully avoiding the keeper and earning twenty points.

She heard Lily's cheers in the bleachers and looked over to see the redhead clapping for her. She was one of the few in the Gryffindor tower. The only others were the Marauders.

She returned her focus to the game and she narrowly missed a bludger to the head. She took off and raced to the other chasers.

Remus watched her as she weaves skillfully between other players, stealing the ball from the opposing chasers. Remus saw a bludger coming at the group of chasers. The group of on the edge of their seat, waiting for it to make contact with one of them.

The bludger hit Allison's partner, knocking him off his broom. Allison rolled to avoid it, holding the broom tightly. One of the wizards on the field slowed the falling player down with a spell. Allison cursed now that she was on her own, although she knew that this could very well happen during an actual game.

The wind flowed through her hair, which had fallen out of it's tie, and she reeled her arm back, chucking the quaffle into one of the rings. Her teammates and Marauders all cheered.

In the captain's eyes, Allison had already made the team. She was on of the most successful chasers he had ever seen. He thought that she could pursue a career playing professional quidditch.

Then, tryouts ended and Allison landed, going to check on her partner.

"Are you gonna be alright?" She asked him. He nodded, sad that he hadn't made the team. Allison told him goodbye and made her way back to the tower, redressing in her uniform.

Lily waited outside the exit for her friend, which meant that James was there. And since James was their, that meant the other Marauders were their too.

"She's gonna give us a run for our money when Hufflepuff faces Gryffindor." Sirius said.

"It's your guy's job to keep her from making scores while I hunt the snitch." James said to him and Remus.

"I don't know if you can. She was good." Peter says meekly. The comment earned him a punch to the shoulder from Sirius.

"I'll be rooting for you guys and Allison." Lily said.

"Traitor." Prongs baited. Lily rolled her eyes and turned her attention to her golden hair friend as she walked out.

Remus felt his heart flutter at her flushed cheeks and wind whipped hair. She held her cloak and sweater vest in her arms and her tie was loose around her neck.

"Hey guys." Allison greeted.

"Hey." Remus said. Her eyes met his and she was dazzled by his charming smile.

"You were pretty good out there." Peter complimented. Allison and Remus broke eye contact and she thanked Peter.

"Who's the first game between?" She questioned.

"I believe that it's Ravenclaw and Gryffindor." James answered.

"I'll be rooting for you guys." She said to them, glancing at Remus.

"Thanks! Lets go! Maybe we can go get a bite to eat before class." Lily said. Lily was certainly not an early riser. She loved to sleep in and the Hufflepuff tryouts that she promised to attend got in the way of that. She woke up and realized that she wouldn't have time to eat if she didn't want to be late to the tryouts.

The six of them made their way to the Great Hall, Allison sneaking to the Gryffindor table unnoticed. She had a small snack with her friends before they all headed off to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Remus was feeling down today. Tonight was the full moon and he had already spoken with Headmaster Dumbledore the day before about his transformations. He would be going into the Shrieking Shack.

Moony had informed the other Marauders about the arrangement and they were all prepared to accompany him. They knew that he the could escape from the old building and used their animagus forms to distract him away from the school.

Remus mentally prepared himself for the coming pain and the stress that accompanied his transformations.