Chapter 8

The next day, Allison made her way over to the Gryffindor table, being as sneaky as possible. She took her spot next to Lily and ate with her.

Soon, the boys shuffled into Great Hall tired from a long night. James sat across from Lily, Sirius next to him, and Peter sat next to Allison. Allison noticed Remus was missing and asked about him.

"He was too tired to get up. He seemed a little under the weather." James answered casually.

"Oh no. Is he in bed or the hospital wing?" She inquired.

She loved to see Remus in the mornings. He was good company and she was always happy to see him.

"The hospital wing." Peter answered.

"Maybe we can all drop by and visit him." Allison suggested. The Marauders all stiffened and gave each other looks.

"That's not such a good idea. He might be contagious." Sirius lied.

"Oh. Well, I hope he feels better." Allison said before she took a sip of her pumpkin juice. Their anxious glances didn't go unnoticed by her, but the blonde decided to drop the subject.

Allison was walking to Hogsmede with Lily and a Slytherin boy named Severus. Allison was dressed in a gray sweatshirt, with matching flats, and a red skirt that was the same color as her scarf. She had her hair tied up in a neat bun and clutched her satchel.

Lily was in a floral sundress that had hues of green to match her eyes. She had her own bag and she hair fell in ringlets down her back. She had on shoes similar to Allison's, although hers matched her dress.

Severus was in black. He had on a black button up, black slacks, and black dress shoes. His hair was combed and fell into his face. His skin was pale and he was thin, almost looking unhealthy.

She listened to her companions converse about their classes and The Slug Club's next event.

"Would you go with me?" Severus asks nervously.

"Of course Sev." She beamed up at him. He returned the smile, brushing his long, dark hair out of his face.

They went into Hog's Head and they ordered a few butter beers. Allison had been in Hog's Head a few other times and was nervous with all the older wizards, who eyed the three of them skeptically. They took a seat at a table with uncomfortable chairs and Severus went up to collect their drinks.

Lily watched her old friend with kindness in her eyes. One could even say love. She would always have a special place in her heart for Severus. He came back and gave the girls their drinks before he sat down.

"Thank you." Lily and Allison say together. Severus nodded to the pair of them as he took a sip of his drink.

Severus had originally thought this was a date when Lily had invited him to go with her on the Hogsmede weekend. No matter though. He was happy to spend time with her without Potter interrupting them. At least the girl was kind. And he was more than happy that Lily had agreed to be his date and Professor Slughorn's dinner party!

They strolled down the streets of the village, not really going in anywhere, but just to pass the time. They waved to other Hogwarts students and greeted shop owners and just having a good time.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you two. I'm gonna go to Honeydukes real quick." Allison said. Lily and Severus nodded and went on together.

Allison stepped into the shop and nearly melted at the sweet smells. Several happy students skipped throughout the store and the store owners were on the lookout for anything amiss.

Allison went over to the chocolate section. She looked at all the selections and finally decided on what she was getting. She tucked bulky bag into her satchel and headed out into the cool air.

They arrived back at Hogwarts in the evening. Allison told Lily and Severus goodbye as she headed up the staircase. She walked along the cold grey walls, her shoes padding softly against the stone floors.

"Shhh! Someone's coming." She heard. Allison stepped into the doorway of the hospital wing and her eyes landed on the boys, crowded around Remus. He looked absolutely dreadful. He had dark bags under his eyes, hiss skin was pale, and he seemed sad.

"Hi." She said awkwardly.

They answered her 'hey' back in unison. She hear Remus's voice above all the others and he sounded as bad as he looked. His voice was hoarse and faint.

"I-uh, brought you something." Allison walked toward all of them.

"I heard that you liked chocolate, so..." She trailed off, setting the bag of goodies on his side table.

"That's awfully kind of you." James said.

"Thank you." Remus said hoarsely.

Allison was beautiful. Remus looked up at her with kind, although tired, eyes. He could smell the chocolate through the paper bag and thought of how sweet she was.

"You guys looked like I interrupted you, so I'll leave you to it. And I hope you get better soon Remus." Allison said, waving to all of them as she left.

"I think she likes you Moony." Sirius said, still looking at the archway.

"Nah." Remus shook his head.

"I think so too mate." James looked at him with a smirk.

"Codswallop." Remus replied, reaching for the bag of chocolates. He opened it and the sweet smell flooded his senses and he felt his day brighten.

"Fine then. If you don't want her, I'll sweep her off her feet." Padfoot said. It was meant to see if it bothered him and it certainly worked. Moony huffed and an angry expression flashed over his face as he aggressively took a bite of his chocolate.

The treat seemed to relieve him of stress. He melted at the taste and he savored the flavor.

"He might like that chocolate more than her." Prongs whispered to Padfoot, which caused Wormtail to snicker.

Remus ignored them as he thought about Allison. It was extremely kind for her to go out of her way to bring him a bag of chocolates, which he was very grateful for. He was going to have to thank her when he got better.