Chapter 26

Remus and Allison rush to put their formal robes on. Today was a big day and they were late! They met in the hall and Remus grabbed Alli's hand. Their footsteps were pounding heavily against the stone floors as they ran.

Then they finally arrived at the Great Hall. Allison and Remus composed themselves before the walked through the doors, finding that it wasn't too late. The students were all getting situated in their seats.

With a quick peck on the lips, Allison and Remus parted, going to their house tables. Remus sat by his friends and Allison by hers.

"What were you and Remus off doing?" One of her mates jokes, wiggling his eyebrows. Allison looked positively a wreck. Her hair was messy, she had cuts and bruises on her skin. It had been the full moon last night and Madam Pompfrey had insisted on keeping them. But Allison and Remus refused to miss their own graduation. So they snuck out.

"This and that." Allison answered vaguely. She let the others believe what they wanted to believe. Better than discovering her and her significant other were werewolves.

An 'ooooh' sounded at their portion of the table but was quickly silenced by the headmaster raising an old hand to get everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it had been a wonderful seven years and you are ready to go out in the world and find yourselves." Professor Dumbledore started. His speech was about coming of age and about the hope that they'd become productive members of the wizarding society.

"Now, let's get to the diplomas." He said with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

One by one, the students went up to the podium in alphabetical order, shaking his hand and a "congratulations". Then, that was be end of their schooling. They were officially adults and we're ready to take that parchment and mount it on their walls as proof of their success.

"Allison Garner." Albus called. She stepped up to the podium, anticipation filling her heart.

He handed her her scroll and looked her in the eyes as he shook her hand.

"You, Remus, and all your friends come by my office tonight. I have a surprise for you all." He said mischievously. "And congratulations my dear." He said, releasing her hand.

"Thank you professor." She said, confused as to what the surprise was.

After the ceremony was over with, Allison and Remus met and hugged each other tightly, Remus picked Allison up off the ground and doing a victorious twirl.

James and Lily were also there along with Peter and Sirius.

"Can you believe it? We're adults!" Sirius cheered.

"You could have fooled me. You sure don't act the part." Allison said playfully punching his shoulder.

"You hurt me Alli." He said, placing a hand over his heart, feigning hurt. She smirk at him and took Remus's hand, intertwining their fingers. Then, Allison remembered what Dumbledore had told her.

"Professor Dumbledore wants to see us in his office." She stated, the others turning to her seriously.

"Did he say what about?" James asks. Allison shook her head.

"We best not keep him waiting." Lily sighed.

They left the Great Hall and toward the stairs. There was little conversation between the group as they made their way toward the office. When they finally reached it, the stairs were open and they headed up.

Once they reached the top, they could all hear chatter. They walked into the room and were surprised by several other peers.

"Ah! Welcome. I'm glad you came." Albus greeted.

"Professor?" Allison started. "What is this?"

"This is the Order of Phoenix ." Dumbledore said proudly. "I'm sure you are all well aware of The Dark Lord and his growing army. You especially Allison." He looked at her down his nose.

"Yes sir." She unknowingly leaned closer to Remus.

"That is why I have organized this. To stop incidents like yours and to crush his forces." He explained.

"And you wish for us to join?" James asks.

"Precisely Mr. Potter." Albus smiled.

"Where do we sign up?" Sirius rubbed his hands together.

"I love to see that you're all eager. But you must understand, we are headed towards war." Dumbledore said solemnly.

The lot all frowned and looked at each other. Then Peter stepped up.

"I still want to join." He said meekly. The Headmaster smiled at the plump boy.

"Me too." Sirius said, slapping a hand in Wormtail's shoulder.

The rest of them nodded in agreement and Albus smiled grimly.

"Then Welcome to the Order of Phoenix." He said.