Chapter 22

Allison was going to live. Her fever had broke the second day and she was lucid. However, she was still quiet weak. She's in too much pain to stand up and her eyes show how tired she is. Her mother and father had gone home once they had learned that she would live. Then, Remus walked through the doorway.

"Here." Remus said, handing her a little gift bag. Allison smiled and took it from him. When she opened it, her heart melted. Orange candies, cinnamon sticks, and caramels.

"You remembered my favorite candies." She said, reminiscing their day at Honeydukes. Remus smiled sadly.

"Alli.... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I should have told you, protected you, and now you have this curse!" Remus rambles.

"Remus, I'm fine. I'm going to be fine. I can live with this. I do wish you had told me though." Allison agreed. Remus looked down.

"I'm not going to hold it against you, but you were being such an ass. You couldn't even give me a reason why you were breaking up with me. I thought I might have turned you gay." Allison chided, both of them amused at the last bit.

"Well, I'm not gay. And I am deeply sorry for how I treated you. Will you forgive me?" Remus looked into her hazel eyes.

"Of course." Allison smiles, opening her arms for a hug. Remus leaned forward and embraced Allison, overjoyed to have her in his arms again.

"I've missed you." He says. Allison tucked her head into his neck in response, her warm breath tikling his neck.

Remus and Allison heard distant footsteps and pulled away from one another. Allison had been experiencing some of the perks of lycanthropy. The hearing, smell, sight; it was all so foreign to her, but she was willing to accept it.

In came the Marauders and Lily. James and Lily were an unannounced couple. They hadn't even told their friends yet. It was their surprise and hopefully it would cheer the lot up.

"May I have you're attention please?" James asks formally. Lily blushed beside him.

"I must humbly announce that I have recently begun courting with Miss Evans. She looked at me with pity and decided that I was too handsome to be single, so she has done me the honor of becoming my lady." James says. The Marauders all look to him with grins and Allison gapes at Lily.

She had listened to endless complaints about the shameless, arrogant, haughty James Potter. What ever made her change her mind?

The truth was, Lily had loved him since their fifth year. The only reason she still denied him was because she wanted to keep up their little game, but she figured that this year was her last chance to see if he was the one for her.

"Congrats mate!" Padfoot cheered. James got pats on the back, his hair ruffled, and a high five. Allison and Lily then began to gossip.

"I thought you loathed him." Allison said. Lily shook her head.

"No Alli. I've loved him for quiet some time now, but don't tell him I said that." Lily winked, glancing up at James.

"I'll try not to." Allison smirked.

"So, what about you and Remus? He's up here all the time. You had to have talked to him by now." Lily said, changing the subject.

"Today we had a talk. Things are getting back to normal." Allison said smiling. Remus overheard their conversation and he also had a crooked smile on his face. He had missed her dearly and he knew the same went for her.

They needed to be together again.