Chapter 10

Remus was nervous. It was his first quidditch match. He shuffled nervously in Gryffindor tower, overthinking things. Padfoot gave him a hard slap on the back, snapping Remus out of his thoughts.

"Lighten up champ! You're gonna smoke 'em." Padfoot said encouragingly.

"Thanks mate." Moony smiles. He was clutching his broom so hard that his knuckles were white.

They hear the commentator so both teams take off out of their respective towers, coming to the center of the field. Remus didn't even hear the quidditch referee speaking before he took off at the sound of the whistle. He raced to the Gryffindor hoops just in time to catch the quafffle and give it to Padfoot.

Allison cheered from the Huffllepuff tower, for the team, but mostly for Remus. She watched as he kept his guard up and focused on the quaffle.

Remus was doing well. He blocked every attempt at Raveclaw getting points, getting cheers from the crowd each time. Gryffindor was ahead by 120 points, but they never let up. James was scanning the skies for the snitch and when he finally saw a streak of gold, he was off, the Ravenclaw seeker on his tail. Sirius was too busy trying to steal the ball from the Ravenclaw seekers to notice his friend. Remus saw the incoming chasers and prepared himself, clutching his broom.

Allison cheered as Remus blocked the quaffle once again. Lily and Peter were also cheering in Gryffindor tower. Then, James caught the snich.

"JAMES POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" The commentator cheered. The stands broke out into roars of laughter and cheering, some boos from the Raveclaw and Slytherin towers, but nonetheless, most of the people in the stands were happy for the victorious house.

Remus hovered in the air with a smile on his face, watching his friends congratulate each other for a moment before joining them.

"Excellent job mate!" Prongs patted him hard on the back.

"Thanks." Moony replied shyly.

"You were great Moony!" Padfoot gave him a crooked grin. Remus's confidence increased and they all flew down to Gryffindor tower to get changed.

When they came out, Lily, Peter, and Allison were all waiting there for them.

"So, Lily, were you impressed? You wanna go out now since I have proven my superior skills?" James flirted. Lily smiled and shook her head.

"Now'd be the time for you to get with Alli." Padfoot whispered to Moony, which earned him a sharp elbow in the ribs from Remus.

"Ouch! Fine then, I'll go see if she interested in me." Padfoot teased.

"Whatever you prat." Moony said in a joking manner, although irritation laced his voice, which Allison caught on, making her wonder what Sirius had whispered to him.

The group made their way to a tree in the courtyard. It had nice shade beneath it and wasn't crowded with other Hogwarts students. Padfoot gave his things to Peter before he ran up to the tree, jumping up, latching his hands on a branch and pulling himself up to sit on it. Prongs followed, taking a little longer to get in the tree.

"You need to lay off the deserts." Padfoot teased. Prongs pushed him back and Sirius let out a squeal as he was flipped upside down, hanging from the backs of his knees.

"Bloody hell mate! You nearly gave me a heart attack." Sirius cried. Prongs only laughed. Lily and Allison sat together at the base of the tree, and Remus and Peter sat across from the pair.

"What homework do you have?" Remus asks Allison, since they had some different periods.

"I have some Charms work that isn't too hard, but I'm having some trouble with the Alchemy essay." Allison admitted.

"It's about homunculi, right?" Remus asks. Allison nodded.

"I can help you. If you'd like." Remus offered.

"That'd be great. Thanks Remus." Allison grinned.

"So, how 'bout the library, tomorrow after dinner?" Remus said.

"Perfect!" Allison agreed. Remus smiled. Lily watched them, knowing that the two were crushing on each other.

Later that day, Lily and Allison were walking together to the Great Hall for dinner. Allison only ate with the Gryffindors at breakfast when not many were there. However, she was obligated, as a Hufflepuff, to feast with them.

"So, what do you think of Remus?" Lily asks casually.

"He's brilliant. And he's kind. Quite the gentleman." Allison smiled to herself.

"Yes he is. He's cute, huh?" Lily had an elaborate plan to get her friend to spill the beans about her infatuation with Remus.

"He is very handsome." Allison agreed.

"Those broad shoulders, long legs..." Lily prompted.

"His eyes, jawline, height..." Allison trialed off thinking of him.

"You're so into him." Lily stated.

"What?" Allison was snapped out of her thoughts.

"You heard me Alli." The redhead smirked.

"He is very agreeable." Allison blushed.

"You do like him! You were just saying everything you liked about the bloke." Lily pressed. Allison huffed.

"I think he is attractive and a good person. That doesn't mean that..." Allison defended.

"You're lying." Lily said boldly.

"Why would you think that?" Allison inquired.

"Well, just the way you are around him. Always polite and sweet. Helping him out." Lily listed.

"He is good company." Allison said, not even looking at her friend.

"Okay then, look me in the eye and tell me you don't have feelings for him." Lily demanded, stopping in the middle of the hall, holding Allison by the arms.

"I-um, I don't." Allison said, looking at Lily's hand on her arm.

"Rubbish." Lily smiled. "Have fun getting lessons from him tomorrow night." Lily said cheerfully as she made her way to the doors of the Great Hall, leaving Allison standing there.

Although neither of them knew it, they had an audience. The Marauders all hid behind a statue, originally waiting to scare the girls as they came into the hall, but once they heard their topic of conversation, they decided to listen in.

Remus was in shock. He was happy though. A smile was present on Moony's face and the other Marauders looked over to him with mischievous smiles.