Chapter 24

It was the full moon tonight. It was Allison's first full moon. Nervous wasn't a strong enough word to describe what she was feeling.

Allison had packed a bag full of all her necessities and was to meet Remus in the courtyard in ten minutes. She left the Hufflepuff common room and used the secret passage that Remus showed her to keep away from the Slytherins.

She had her cloak tucked close to her against the cold. Snow was coming down and she shivered, her breath visible in front of her.

She saw Remus under their favorite tree to sit under in the warm season. Now it was barren and gray in the frigid cold.

"You have everything you need?" Remus questioned, just as nervous as her. She nodded in response, not trusting her voice.

There was still a little light and they could see the silhouette of the Whomping Willow in front of them.

"Immobulus!" Remus shouts, pointing his wand at the irate tree. The branches stilled and they took the chance to duck into a tunnel that Allison never knew of before this moment.

They followed the dark path, ducking under cobwebs and stepping over roots or stones. Then, they emerged in an old creaky house that had a thick layer of dust covering every surface of the home. The Shrieking Shack.

Remus took her hand and helped her out of the tunnel and he closed the trapdoor behind her. Allison looked around curiously, but stayed close to Remus.

He led her up the stairs, passing claw marks that she had seen before. Now she new he story behind them. She heard footsteps behind her and she spun around, seeing the rest of the Marauders, who were sweating and panting.

"We remembered tonight was the full moon and we rushed here." James wheezed.

"You guys can't be here. It's dangerous." Allison said, knowing what she was capable of.

"It's alright Alli. We've been accompanying Remus since.... Well, a long time ago." Sirius shrugged.

"How?" She inquired.

"We're animagi." Peter answered, looking at his old shoes.

"But don't tell anyone 'cause we're not registered." James said, biting his lip. Allison took a deep breath at the news, nodding.

"Allison, it's time. Go and undress in the other room." Remus said softly. Allison nods again, taking her and her bag to the room next door.

Remus pulls off his shirt and his trousers, leaving on his undershorts of course. He shivered in the cool air and the other Marauders start to do the same, then shifting into their animagus forms.

Then, the moonlight shined through the windows, hitting both Remus and Allison. They were paralyzed for a split second before they writhed in pain. Allison fell to the floor, stirring the dust and she let out a blood curdling scream as her bones shifted, changed shape, and grind against each other.

Soon, the process was over with and Allison had been changed, as had Remus. They were no longer themselves; they were werewolves. It was like they had never existed almost, except in their friends' minds.

The female werewolf had longer, softer hair than the one next door. Her eyes were a dark and menacing. Her paws scrapped against the floor as she took her first steps in this form. She had toned muscles that seemed to shine in the moonlight, under her thin fur. She let out a soft whine looking at the moon.

She was entranced by it. It light the sky in brilliant light, accompanied by billions of stars. It shines on the snow in the yard of the Shrieking Shack and made it look something like water.

Then, a howl erupted next door and the female werewolf's ears perked up. Her head turned to the door and she sniffed the air, moving toward the door cautiously.

She pushed he door open, leaving a scrap in the wood. It creaked open and the animagi and male werewolf let out a small growl. Then he saw her. Long thin hair hung in her dark eyes and she was a little smaller than him.

Both moved carefully toward each other and they give one another cautious sniffs, under he watchful eyes of the animagi.

They were nervous that they'd get into a fight. Like how Remus did before and went missing.They didn't know that Allison would be a good thing for Remus as a werewolf. It was mixing two unstable chemicals together and not expecting a reaction.

But there was a reaction. The female werewolf playfully nipped at the male's little ear. Remus chuffed and went in to nibble her ears.

Throughout the night, they either played together or groomed each other. The animagi watch the latter in amusement, staying out of their way.

When morning came, Allison and Remus were curled together on the floor, in the nude. Allison was mortified at first, but quickly rushed to her room, the others asleep.

Once she was decent, she returned and laid a blanket over Remus and each of the animagi, who still had yet to return to their natural form.

Allison remembered the night. It wasn't bad at all. Maybe it would be a good thing for her to be there with him after all.