Chapter 23

It was Allison's first day out of the hospital wing and she was glad to be away from it, despite how great Madam Pompfrey's bedside manner was. Remus helped her out of bed and Poppy ushered him out so that Allison could get dressed.

Remus watched them through the silhouette of the curtain. Allison was grateful for the help as she put on her socks and shoes. She got tired quick and often had to take breaks to catch her breath.

After a few more minutes, she was finally decent and she stepped out from behind the curtain. She was wearing her muggle clothes. Something comfortable to move around in and she was leaning on the footboard of the bed.

Remus stepped forward and embraced her, kissing her forehead. Allison leaned into him, resting her weight on him.

"It's good to finally be out of bed." Allison breathed.

"Where do you wanna go? We can go to the Great Hall, outside, the kit-"

"Outside. Please." She said. She was excited for fresh air after being trapped in the sterile smells of the hospital wing for so long.

Remus nodded, holding out his arm. Allison hooked her hand in the crook of his elbow and they made their way to the coat rack. He helped her put on her cloak and he also shrugged on his brown jacket.

Once they were outside, Allison breathed in deeply, smelling the crisp air that she had been anticipating. Remus stretched out his hand which she gratefully took and he lead her to a bench and with a flick of his wand, cleared it of the snow that had collected on the seat.

She sat down tugging her cloak closer to her. Remus sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, rubbing his hand up and down her arm to try and warm her.

"Thank you Remus. Not just for this, but for everything." Allison said, leaning into him.

"You shouldn't be thanking me." Remus responded sadly.

"If it weren't for you, I'd probably be dead." She said.

Remus bowed his head and they fell into silence. It was sort of uncomfortable for him, although Allison seemed to be enjoying the fresh air.

"The full moon is next week." He stated. Allison frowned.

"I know." She whispered.

"We'll stick together. Werewolves are drawn to each other." Remus stated. Allison couldn't help but smile slightly.

She turned to him, tilting her head up. Remus looked into her hazel eyes for a brief moment before their lips met in a sweet kiss.

"I love you Allison." Remus said when they parted. Allison's eyes opened and she reached a hand up, touching his cold cheek.

"I love you too." She said, her fingertips tangled in his brown locks.

They moved in for another kiss. Remus wrapped his arms around Allison's waist, she wrapped hers around his neck. Their bodies seemed to be molded to each other.