Mine.

My eyes are open wide when I realize Cory is kissing me. I pull away and put my hands on his chest. "Cory I'm sorry but I can't do this." I say looking in his eyes.

"Sorry..I did get out of hand. It's just you are so pretty and I was willing to take advantage of the moment." Cory apologizes, looking at the floor.

"It's okay. We should just be friends, I'm sorry." I whisper to Cory.

"Oh-okay.." he says frowning.

"Au-Aubree what's going on?" I hear a deep raspy voice to my left.

"Oh..uhm.." I look at Cory for an explanation.

"Dude you got too drunk and passed out, we brought you up here to sleep." Cory says, winking at me secretly to know that the kiss never happened.

"Oh. Damn I feel dizzy bro. What time is it?" Jake says in a sleepy tone.

"Uhm..dude it's 5 AM." Cory announces, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Five in the morning?! I need to go home, my dad is probably freaking out!" I say frantically.

"I will drive you." Jake says, standing up just to fall back on the bed.

"No. I will walk. You're drunk." I say my goodbyes and awkwardly leave the room, making my way down the stairs.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and smell nothing but smoke and alcohol.
Wow, these kids need to get a grip.

I walk past the bodies of sleeping teenagers and open the door, making my way outside. Great the sun isn't even shining yet.

I pull my leather jacket closer to my body. I unlock my phone and listen to the six voice mails from my dad.

I call his phone and leave a message.

I look around the street and buildings as I walk. I have no idea where I am. I see a sign that says 'west side Washington' and realize I'm about six blocks from my house.

I sigh and continue my long walk home. By the time I find my street it's already 6:30. I practically run to my door step, trying to sneak in before I get caught.

I lift the door mat and grab the key, sliding it in the lock. I open the door and softly close it behind me. Okay he isn't up yet.

I turn around and hear a disappointing cough. "Aubree Jane Michaels where the hell have you been?" My dad says, raising his voice at the end, flipping the light on.

"Dad I'm sorry I just kinda got caught up with my friends." I say frowning. He has never gotten this stern with me before, what's his problem?

"Get upstairs, now. You need to think about how worried you made me. I stayed up all night for you. Now I have to go to work." He says, pointing his finger toward the stairs.

As I make my way up the stairs I hear him slam the door behind him and that breaks it all for me. I burst into tears and slam my bedroom door behind me.

I slide my body down the door and bring my knees to my chest. "Why can't I have my mom back?!" I scream aloud.

"Why can't I be normal?!" I scream more, as tears stream down my cheeks.

*click click*

I raise my head slightly and wipe the tears from my eyes. I look around the room for the tapping noise.

*click click*

I look to the window and see someone sitting in my window sill. Jake?

I sober up my tears and fix myself before walking to the window. I slide it open. "H-how did you get here?" I say, my voice still weak from crying.

"I followed you from the party because I didn't want you to get hurt. I wanted to make sure you got home safely." He says quietly, flicking his cigarette to the ground.

"But how did you get here?" I say motioning to my window.

"I climbed your tree. Hey have you been crying?" Jake asks, a concerned look on his face.

"Uhm..no..." I lie, stepping away from the window.

Jake frowns and stands up, making his way from the window into my room. "Yes you have. Your eyes are puffy and red." He says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" He looks at my face, into my eyes, up and down my body looking for someone's harm to me.

I stay quiet, not wanting to let him know anything. I move my shoulder, making his arm fall to his side.

He sighs and walks to my bookshelf, shuffling through the books.

"Uhm. What what are you doing?" I stutter quietly.

"Looking for your diary." He says smirking towards me. "I don't have a diary. I think it's a waste of time." I reply, honestly.

"You're no fun little kitty." He says walking close to me. "Why is your dad mad?" He asks curiously.

"Uhm I don't know." I say lying to him. I hate lying to Jake but I can not get attached I just can't. He will end up leaving or hurting me like everyone else.

"Okay? Uhm, anyways. Do you want to hang out today?" He says smirking.

"Uhm..I can't..I think I'm grounded.." I say honestly.

"Your dad isn't home." He says winking at me. He grabs my waist and pulls me close to him so our chests are touching.

"I say we have some fun." He shines his dimples and brushes his minty lips across mine.