Suurprisee

My eyes get wide, staring at Iz.

I burst out laughing. "Hahaha! Wow Iz, you almost got me." I pull my shirt down.

"Bree, I'm not joking." Her eyes serious as she looks into mine.

"But, this can't-" I stop speaking as my mind flashes back to the night Jake and I had sex.

He didn't use a condom. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I grab my stomach and lean over the toilet, vomiting again.

Izzie puts my hair in a ponytail and pats my back, comforting me.

"Are you guys okay?" I hear Cory's voice on the other side of the bathroom door.

I raise up, clenching my stomach.

"Yeah, we are fine. We're just having girl talk." Izzie speaks for me.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get food. What do you guys want?" He asks.

"We'll eat later." Izzie replies.

They say their goodbyes through the door as I stay silent.

I raise my shirt after Cory is gone and turn to my side, looking in the mirror.

"It don't look like I'm pregnant." I admit, noticing my stomach hasn't changed.

"When did you and Jake sleep together?" She asks.

"Uhm, like two days ago, I think?" I don't really remember or I'd give her the exact date.

"Well, you aren't going to notice any changes yet." Izzie pats my back, keeping me calm.

"We can get pregnancy tests, if you'd like." She adds.

"Izzie, look, I can not be pregnant." I look at her with concerned eyes.

She looks at me for an explanation. I slide my weak body down the bathroom door and bring my knees to my chest.

Izzie takes a seat in the floor next to me.

"I can't have a child. I don't want it to turn out like me." I start off.

"Aubree, you're so pretty and a really good person. Why don't you want your child to be like you?" She asks, turning her body to face me.

"No, I'm not a good person. I'm not normal. I am a complete and total freak." I look down at my knees while I speak.

"What do you mean?" Izzie taps my shoulder making me look at her.

I roll up my sleeves and look at her expression as she looks at my scars.

"Oh.." She trails off, looking down.

"Look I'm sorry if you don't like it or this hurts-" Izzie cuts me off: "I do that.." I look at her, our eyes meeting.

"What?" I say, with a dumbfounded look on my face.

She rolls up her jacket and shows me her scars. We have about the same.

Tears spill from my eyes and I wrap my arms around her. I feel tears on my neck and hear her sobbing in my ear. I'm doing the same.

She pulls away from me and we wipe our eyes.

"I love you Aubree." Izzie says, sniffling.

"I love you too, sis." I say, giving a weak smile, rubbing my eye.
**********************

"C'mon slow poke!" I grab Jake's hand, gently pulling him into the house.

Jake checked out of the hospital about 4 hours ago so we got his clothes and other life necessities and he is living with me now.

I sit him down at the kitchen table and walk to the fridge, looking at the note taped to the stainless steel: "Bree, gone for the next three days on business trip, sorry for the way I've been acting, xoxo dad."

I yank the paper from the fridge and crumble it up, throwing it into the trash can. "Whatever.." I mumble under my breath.

"So, are you hungry?" I ask, sitting across from Jake.

"Kind of." He says quietly.

I stand up and grab a chicken pasta meal from the freezer and put it in the microwave.

"Aubree, thank you for-"

"Don't. You don't have to thank me. I'm doing this because I love you." I smile at him and take the chicken meal from the microwave and set it in front of him, with a fork.

"So, I talked to Iz today," I start off, "we have a lot in common, were basically sisters now." I say smiling.

"That's great." Jake mumbles, shoving food into his mouth.

I nod and bite my lip.

"Is there something you're thinking bout?" Jake asks me, his eyes studying my facial features.

"Yeah, when you take your nap I'm going to Izzie's for about 20 minutes." I admit.

"Okay?" He asks kind of confused.

"I'm going to bed.." Jake says, standing from the table.

"Okay sweetie. Call me if you need me." I give him a quick peck on the cheek and text Izzie, telling her I'm on my way.

I close the door behind me and get in my car. It's only seven thirty and it's getting kind of dark, already.

Izzie bought 4 pregnancy tests, just to make sure.

I arrive at her house and knock on the door.

My nerves are so anxious and super shot, from the anxiety of being pregnant or not.

The door opens and there stand Cory, shirtless and in boxers.

"Uh? Hey, Aubree. I didn't know you were coming over here." He stutters out, blushing.

"I'm here to see Izzie for a minute or two. May I come in?" I ask, looking in his eyes.

He nods and I walk in. Izzie speeds out of the kitchen with a paper bag. She grabs my hand and drags me upstairs, and to the bathroom.

"Okay, I'll be right out here." She
says and closes the door.

I finish using the tests and run water over them, laying them on the counter.

I open the door, inviting Izzie in.

We stare at the tests, anxious for an answer.

The lines start forming.

They all say...
********************

OOOHHH comment if you think positive or negative!

I hope the chapters are long enough. Please vote!! I'm close to 1,000 reads, which is a LOT for me!!

Thank you to all those loyal and supportive readers who are reading this book!

I am writing a new book called "dirty little secret". Check it out?

Thanks lovelies!! Xoxo, Ema(:

SafeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara