Mommy pt. 2

Aubree's POV

I blink my eyes, looking around. I'm in a room, everything is white. I look down and see what I'm wearing. A white dress.

Hey, how did I change clothes?

Where am I?

"You're in heaven." A soft familiar voice speaks.

"In heaven?!" My mouth drops as I search the room for the wandered voice. "I'm dead?!"

"Yes honey, you died while giving birth. Look," the gentle voice speaks anomalously and a picture begins to move on the wall. It's me laying in the hospital bed, the doctors are cutting me open.

Jake is pacing the floor, tears staining his shirt and cheeks. Izzie just arrived, and Cory is crying, wrapping his arms around Izzie. She starts crying too then you hear a slight frail of crying; a baby cry.

How did I die?

"Your body was too weak to give birth." The female voice speaks.

"Who are you?" I ask aloud.

"You don't remember me?" She speaks.

"No? Should I?" I frown slightly.

Just then a figure dressed in a white gown like mine drops down from above me, standing face to face with me.

I remember that face. Those sweet gentle eyes, her full lips, and that tiny nose. The way she ties her hair back into a bun.

Tears prickle my eyes, "mom?" I manage to squeak out.

"Yes sweetie it's me." She extends her arms and pulls me close to her angelic body.

I grip my arms around her, never wanting to let her go. "Mom I have missed you so much, so much has happened since you-" I cut myself off and bury my face in her chest.

"I know honey, I know." She starts sobbing, patting my hair. "I miss you too."

I pull away, her fingertips still on my back, "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too Aubree Jane." She pecks a kiss on my forehead and smiles.

I frown. "What am I going to do, mom?"

"About Jake? He sure is a cutie, I've been watching you two." She wiggles her eyebrows at me and I giggle.

"He is the best thing that has ever happened to me." I look at the picture of all my friends, my baby, Jake; my family.

Jake cradles the baby in his arms and kisses his head, a single year falling from his eyes.

"I am going to miss not being able to see my baby grow up and not being able to stay with Jake." Tears start to form in my eyes.

"It's okay sweetie. Every angel has a wish and I have not used mine yet." She wipes my tears.

"What do you mean?" I sniffle.

"I'm going to wish for you to be alive." She speaks, generously.

"But mom, I don't wanna leave you." I admit, sobbing softly again.

"You will never leave me because I am always right here." She points to my heart and I smile through my tears. I nod.

"Aubree, promise me something?" She starts speaking again.

"What?" I wipe my tears.

"Promise me you will start eating and never cut your arms and legs again." She frowns, "I know you miss me but doing those things won't get me back." She pats my shoulder, looking in my eyes.

I didn't know she knew about that. I nod and wrap my arms around her. "I love you mommy." I say, the words being muffled from her chest.

"I love you so much, but it looks like you have a new chapter in your life: family. Goodbye darling, see you when its time." She kisses my forehead and rubs her thumb across my forehead.

I start coughing. "Bree!" I try to open my eyes but can't. I sigh and rub my eyes, finally opening them.

The doctors, Jake, Cory, and Izzie are standing above me. I hear my heart monitor beating again and try to sit up but fail, feeling a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Aubree!" Tears rush down Izzies face, as she tries to hug me.

I nod and she walks away, beside Cory.

"Mrs. Matthews? How are you feeling?" The doctor looks at me astonished.

I nod and shrug my shoulders, "uh I died?" The doctors look at each other, "yes you did. What happened?" They ask for an explanation of what occurred while I was dead.

"I don't know, the last thing I remember was I stopped breathing then everything went white." That is a lie, I remember meeting my mother again, I remember everything we said.

They just nod, with confused looks on their faces. Jake walks to my bed, carrying a small baby wrapped in blue blankets; my baby.

"I think this little guy wants to see his mommy." He hands me my baby and I look down at him, rubbing my thumb across his cheek.

He is so tiny and frail. So helpless and wanting nothing but love and a good home and he will receive it.

I scoot over as good as I can, making Jake sit down.

The doctors leave us be, still confused and call in the nurse while Cory and Izzie sit down in the corner trying to regain their personas.

"I thought I lost you forever." Jake frowned, looking me in the eyes.

"You can't get rid of me so easily. I have to take care of this little guy and be an amazing wife." I place a kiss on his cheek and he gives me a weak smile.

"Hello, what would you like to name him?" The nurse gets a clipboard and sits beside the bed.

I look at Jake and he shrugs, not knowing a name.

"Joshua Dylan." I give Jake a smile, using his brothers name.

"You used my brothers name." He catches on. I nod, smiling. "I thought you'd like it."

"No, I love it." He presses his lips against mine, pulling away. "I love you."

"I love you too Jake."

----------------<>----------------
A/N: well...that is that. I'm sad to say that Safe is finally finished. Thank you to all the people who helped me get this many votes and reads. Thank you for everyone who stayed loyal and was so helpful and amazing.

Please read my other books 'dirty little secret' and 'never say no'

Thanks. Stay beautiful, xoxo, Ema.