Aubree's Past

"Everything? What do you mean?" Jake asks me, laying down on his side facing me. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and smiles a half smile.

"My past. Why I don't trust anyone. Why I'm so quiet. Why I'm a freak." I whisper as his eyes grow with concern.

"Okay I'm listening." Jake says, intertwining his fingers in mine.

"When I was six years old my life was like any other little girl's life. Having play dates. Reading fairy tales. Playing house. Playing with Barbie dolls." I sigh and continue my story.

"Except about the middle of December my mother and I went to the grocery store. That was one of the days that it actually snowed for the first time in years. It was just a normal day, or so I thought. My dad was at work while we went to the store." I bite my lip wondering if I should continue.

Jake looks into my eyes and nods his head, indicating that I can continue my story.

"We were going around a curve and before I knew it we started spinning and spinning like in those amusement park rides." I describe what it was like to Jake and he nods his head, still engrossed in hearing my story.

"Next thing I know everything is black and all I could hear is sirens. I woke up in a white room and I was hooked up to all kinds of machines. I open my eyes and ask where my mom is. I keep asking but no one answers." A tear falls down my cheek, and Jake wipes it away.

"December 16th my dad and I attended my mothers funeral. She was 26 years old. I miss her so much. I trusted her with everything."

Jake frowns and says nothing but he kisses my forehead and rubs his thumb across my cheek.

"Aubree I'm-"I cut him off by shaking my head, I continue my other story.

"I started second grade without a mom. My dad was still getting use to raising me without a woman in his life. I went into second grade dressed as a boy because my dad didn't know what kind of clothes that little girls like. I remember on my first day everyone laughed at me and made fun of me because I wore camo boy shorts and a black tee shirt."

"The called me Adam instead of Aubree. I came home that day and cried. Every time I had to leave for school I would cry. My dad had no idea I've always been bullied. In sixth grade I thought I would have a new start. I was wrong. Everyone made fun of me for not knowing how to dress, how to act, or how to play like a girl."

"I started cutting myself in the middle of sixth grade because I couldn't stand the emotional and physical pain of being bullied. Cutting myself was my escape."

"I still remember that terrible day that Georgia Abrams pushed me against the locker and punched me right in the eye just because I talked to her boyfriend. That's why I don't talk to people and that's why I cut."

"People use to call me fat when I weighed 108 pounds, if you ask me that's not really fat. In seventh grade I started having eating disorders, I would go days sometimes even weeks without eating."

By now Jake and I both are crying, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. He kisses my forehead and buries his head into my neck, I feel his wet eyes on my neck.

I pet his hair and whisper that I'm okay. He pulls away and looks me in the eyes "do you not eat now?" Jake asks. I shrug my shoulders. "No..I don't." I say honestly, sniffling.

"When's the last time you ate?" He whispers. "I don't remember." I say.

"We're gonna go get some food." He says, starting to pull away from me.

"No. Lets just lay here." I say, pulling him back to me.

He nods and looks at my scars on my arms. He leans his head down and start kissing up and down both of my arms, not missing a single scar.

"Aubree?" He says softly, pulling away from my arms. He looks me in the eyes and he gives a weak smile.

"Yeah?" I ask quietly.

"I know you have trust issues and problems. I know you don't eat like you should. I know you cut yourself because of problems. I now know things about you and I feel so bad for you. You are so perfect in my eyes. Aubree. I like you. A lot. Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiles at me and kisses my hand and pulls away looking at me for an answer.

**********************************
Omfg that was so sad!! Please vote and comment. Do you think she will say yes or no? Does Jake really mean those words? Can he be trusted? Will Aubree like him back?

CLIFF HANGER \(^.^)/