But Baby

Rain drops roll down my apartment window, making a calm serenity environment, except for all the traffic and people there are in New York City.

I've lived in cities before but New York is a pretty big one.

We live in a pretty big apartment, a condo if you will.

There are three bedrooms: Jake and I share a room and Cory and Izzie have their own rooms.

The apartment is pretty spacious, with high ceilings and walk in closets.

The living room is the first room you see as you walk into our door. We live on the 26th floor so we have an amazing view of New York.

"What are you thinking about?" I hear Izzie behind me, sitting on the window sofa with me.

"Just life." I reply honestly.

"Want to talk about it?" She asks, concerned.

"I don't know. I'm just worried. I'm ready for the boys to be home."

Cory and Jake have been given jobs working as construction workers. They work from seven in the morning to four in the evening, which is a perfect schedule if you ask me.

"Me too, I miss my brothers." Izzie says sighing, watching the rain fall with me.

"Are you going to keep the baby?" She asks, avoiding my eyes.

Why does everyone keep asking me that? Ugh.

"I don't know, Iz."

"Please keep it Aubree, you will regret it if you don't." Izzie speaks softly.

"Why do you think I will regret it?" I ask, curious.

"I've been in your situation except it was two years ago, when I was 15." She says, avoiding my eyes again.

"Izzie, you never told me.." I turn to face her.

"What happened?" I press on for information.

"I was dating this senior. His name was Brandon Phillips, captain of the football team at that time." She starts off, turning to face me.

"Back then, my sophomore year, I was actually kind of beautiful. A lot of boys wanted to date me but of course I go for Brandon, he was gorgeous: perfect jaw line, brown eyes, amazing hair, nice abs, sexy v line." I look at her, waiting for her to continue.

"He asked me out October 15th, of course I said yes. How could I say no? Anyways," she continues. "That night he asked if I wanted to come over, I said yes because he said we were gonna play video games, boy I was wrong to go to his house."

"What happened?" I asked, even though I had a pretty good guess.

"He talked me into having unprotected sex, because he said condoms were uncomfortable. I agreed because if I didn't have sex with him he would tell everyone at school that I'm a virgin and too good for anyone to take it." She takes a breath, letting it all sink in.

"About four weeks later I missed my period, then I figured out I was pregnant. When I told Brandon he abandoned me; said he was 'too good' to he the daddy of my baby. I cried for weeks. No one understood my pain. I decided to give it up for adoption, it was a little boy. I wanted to keep him but I couldn't support him, he turns two February sixth." Izzie starts tearing up.

"Oh Izzie.." I wrap my arms around her, letting a few of my own tears fall.

We stop crying and wipe our eyes. "Don't give him up, you will regret it. I would do anything just to see my baby." She whispers.

"Okay, I am going to keep him. Jake is going to be so happy." I say, giving a weak smile, sniffling.

"What am I gonna be happy about?" Jake walks in the door, with Cory by his side.

"You guys are dirty!" Izzie shouts, avoiding the question.

"Go shower then all four of us can go out to dinner." I stall, making them forget the question Jake asked.

"Okay." The boys say in unison.

We have two bathrooms in the apartment, which is really good.

*knock knock*

"I got it." I walk towards the door, putting my hand on my slightly bigger baby bump.

I open the door and see a woman with brown hair and brown eyes holding a baby boy on her hip; he looks about two.

"Hello, I am Megan, and this is Eli. We live next door and decided to come be neighborly and say hello." She adds a smile at the end of speaking.

"Oh, hello. Please, come in?" I ask.

I open the door fully, letting the woman with her baby enter.

"Please, make yourself at home." I have realized hanging out with Cory and Izzie and Jake that I see no strangers anymore, I am so comfortable to talk to people, which is amazing.

"Thank you, uhm?" Megan looks at me, trying to figure out my name.

"I'm Aubree Matthews," using Jakes last name. "And this is Izzie." I point to Izzie as she walks into the living room.

Megan situates the squirming baby in her lap and smiles at Izzie, "hello." She greets Iz.

"Hiya, is that your baby? He is simply precious!" Izzie says, sitting next to Megan and Eli. I sit down on the love seat beside the couch.

"Yes and no, I actually adopted him almost two years ago." Megan says honestly. "But," she adds on. "I love him as my own and I give him lots of love."

Izzie sits there staring at the baby, her lips parted slightly.

"Aubree, can I talk to you?" Izzie scrambles off the couch and walks over to me, pulling on the shoulder of my shirt trying to get me up.

"Megan, you can have whatever you'd like in the kitchen, and please feel free to turn on cartoons for Eli." I smile and she nods.

I get up and Izzie grabs my wrist, jerking me into the hallway where all the bedroom are.

"Aubree." She says blankly.

"What?" I ask.

"That's my baby." She state, seriously.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

A/N: OMG cliff hanger and plot twist!

I made myself gasp getting an idea!

Okay so how you know that Bree is keeping the baby, so you guys can stop freaking out about whether she's keeping him or not (you know who you are *cough cough* Jamie & Jasmine.)

Vote and comment what you think! Thanks!(: