Chapter 3

My body froze. I can't believe that bitch just did that.

Fuck.

Leah twirled on her heels and walked away, sending me a knowing wink over her shoulder, a look that said 'go-get-some'.

"W-what?" Lupin looked at me, absolutely flabbergast. My breathing quickened as his chocolate brown eyes stared into my icy blue ones. Say something clever, hurry! I racked my brain for a snide remark, or a sarcastic comment.

"N-nothing."

"Don't lie, Myers. I've known you for six years, I know it when you lie." Oh god, Lupin, what are you doing to me? How? I don't talk to him very often, how can he know? Does he stalk me? I'm so confused. My heart rate became dangerously fast, my palms became clammy. I almost laughed out loud; of course, only around Lupin am I this nervous.

"What did Madisons mean by 'sexual tension'?" I cringed at the sound of Leah's surname, it was incredibly basic. Goddamn, focus, Tori! I still needed to answer Lupin's question, oh god.

Oh, OH! I got it. I totally got it.

"You know how I told you that Leah and Sarah want is to end up together? Well, basically, Leah thinks that we actually do like each other, so yeah. That's that." I tried to play it off nonchalantly, but knowing me, I probably failed. I hope he couldn't hear my heart thumping against my chest, or the ticking of the bomb in my head.

Lupin laughed awkwardly, scratching the back off his neck. "Oh, yeah, okay."

I almost did a double take. Almost. If I wasn't so good at noticing small details, I would've missed the slight disappointment in his voice. Curious, very curious.

Disregarding that small detail, but saving it for later so I can tell Leah and Sarah, I flashed a shy smile at Lupin, who turned away with a shade of pink dusted on his cheeks. The sight of that almost made me cry. Flustering Remus John Lupin is almost too fun for me.

Everything soon became awkward, with me fidgeting in my spot and Lupin sneaking glances at me every one in a while. Does he think that he's sneaky? I hope not. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Well," I drawled out, standing up and sliding my finger across the sofa cushion. "I'm gonna go. . ." I swear to god, this is the most awkward moment I have ever experienced. With a small sprint, I left the Gryffindor tower, in search of Sarah. I know for damn sure that she was in the library, but there was no way in hell that I was going in that shit hole full of boring books and the intense smell of parchment and ink.

I stopped in front of the library entrance, staring at the mahogany doors as I jumped around, trying to figure out a way to talk to Sarah without actually entering the library. A Third-Year Hufflepuff passed by me, opening the door before I tugged on her arm and pulled her close, close enough that my mouth was placed right near her ear.

"Hey! What are yo-" I covered her mouth with my hand, ignoring the fact that she licked my hand. I'll curse her another day.

"Hush, Puff. Listen, go in the library and look for Sarah Dalevitch. She's probably doing her Defense homework. Tell her that her main bitch is waiting for her." I didn't care that I used foul language around a thirteen year old kid, I have a reputation. Besides, she probably already knew those words already. Confused, she walked in anyway and closed the doors in my face. How rude. Eh, who am I to talk?