18. Class of 2013

18.

Emily POV

I shook with nerves. I felt like throwing up. My fingers shook and I felt like I could pass out any minute. Time went by slowly. I kept looking at the clock and nibbling on the skin of my fingers. I wouldnt be surprised if I hit bone. Everyone was hurrying around. They looked as nervous as me. The teachers were running around like it was the end of the world. Glad I was getting out of here.

Graduation started in 5 minutes. I wasnt bringing up the rear but I was pretty close to the end. Louis was complaining saying that he was at the end with his last name Tomlinson. I just laughed at him. Then he got all defensive and then I got defensive.

"My last name is Watts okay?! I am basically last. So I suggest that you shut your trap." He put his hands up in surrender and it was the end of that conversation.

Now here I was, in line with Lou at least 150 people ahead of me. And I was pretty sure I was going to have a Panic Attack. Jen and Anna are both in the first half of the alphabet so they are close to the front of the line.

"Caitlin Abernathy." My principal started. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Finally.Only 25 minutes left." I smiled.

"Oh who am I kidding. I'll be here till Im 80." I groaned. I closed my eyes and leaned up against the wall.

 "Em?" A voice rang out. I turned my head around. I squinted seeing a figure in the distance.

"Who's there?" I called out. Someone tapped my shoulder and I whipped around. Long light caramel brown hair. Deep hazel eyes. Chiseled jaw.

"Caroline?" She nodded. Immediatly I wrapped my arms around her.

"I missed you so much!" I cried. She laughed but it was strangled. I could tell she was crying.

"I missed you too." She mumbled. We realeased.

"You are finally graduating." She smiled. "My big sister is finally graduating. Congrats sis." She smiled. I blushed and mumbled a thanks.

"SOOO!! My sister is at it again. Snatching all the cute guys before I have a chance." She teased. I laughed.

"I approve." She smiled.

"Thanks Caroline." Suddenly the air grew serious.

"Hey Em. You know I love you, right. And that I'd never forget you right?" She fiddled with her fingers. I nodded.

"Well, this is probably one of the last times I can see you for a long time." She sniffled. I gasped.

"W-W-why?" I asked.

"I have to help train a special little angel that was taken from the world at a young age because of cancer." She smiled.

"Isnt there someone else? Cant someone else do that? Cant you sneak around? Caroline!" I frantically tried to find a way for her to come see me.

"Look Em, I dont wanna do this and leave you. But I need my wings And the only way to do it is to help this little fishy." She smiled.

"Caroline, please!" I begged.

"Emily, you need to learn how to live without me. You'll have Louis and Jen and Anna and Liam and Zayn and Harry and Niall." She raised her eyebrows. Then she flickered.