Eleven

I was squatted down, watching Pierce float in the cold ocean water. He had a long, green scaled tail. It's mesmerizing, but at the same time weird.

"Have you ever been in love?" I suddenly asked Pierce and he looked over at me.

"Why do you ask that?" He responded and I looked up at the night sky. "I don't know... It's just...you fight like you have someone to fight for, you know?" I said as I drew random figures in the sand with my finger.

"I do," he said and I looked over at him as he came out of the water and I handed him his underwear and pants. He changed into them and sat down next to me.

"Well, that's good, right? When this is all done, you get to go back in the water and be with her again," I said, feeling a small pain in my chest.

"It's you," he said straightforwardly and I froze.

"W-What?"

"Honestly, I came on land looking for my true love. When I first saw you, I was so hung up on finding my true love, I just suddenly thought it was you. And after this time, I realized that it really is you.

"Mermaids and mermen who find true love on land, can be transformed into a human forever," he explained to me and I just nodded slowly, taking in all this information.

"W-Well, don't you transform into a human?" I asked.

"Not forever. That's why I get so weak if I go a long time without being in the water. I'm not fully human. B-But I'm okay with that. I understand that you do not feel the same, and I'm willing to wait. I'm not in a hurry to be human forever as I used to be," he told me as he stood up.

I also rose to my feet and I sighed. "We should get going," I said, being the first one to walk to the car. He followed behind silently.

"I think I dropped the keys. I'll go get them!" I blurted out as I took off back to the beach. My hand was over my pocket where the keys were.

I got close to the water and I stood there, staring off into the distance. I felt warm tears trickle down my cheeks and I let out a long sigh. I plopped down onto the ground and I sobbed.

"Maybelle!" Pierce shouted my name as he came running to me. He scooped me up into his arms where I continued to cry into his chest.

"What's the matter?" He asked me and I just kept crying.

"N-Nothing..." I answered in between hiccups.

He held me until I calmed down. I felt kind of bad because I'm not exactly the lightest person on the planet. His arms must be so tired.

He carried me back to the car and I pulled the keys out of my pocket. I gave them to him as he laid me down on the backseats. "Go ahead and rest. If you need anything, I'll be right here," he told me as he got into the driver's side.

-----------

Hiiii!!!

I hope you enjoyed it. I honestly don't know how I feel about this chapter.

Don't forget to:

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Thank you all! Love you!<3