Twelve

I awoke to the bright rays of the sun. I groaned as I sat up and realized that I was still in the car. Pierce was driving. "Rise and shine, sweet pea," he joked with smile.

"Uh, good afternoon?" I said as I squinted at the small numbers displayed on the screen above the radio. They were blurry at the moment.

"Yep. And here, I got this," he said as he reached over to the passenger seat and pulled out a Honey Bun. I gasped in excitement as I snatched it from him hand.

"Thank you so much," I said with a bright smile as I ripped open the plastic and took a big bite out of it. It was delicious, the icing was sweet and I sighed in satisfaction.

"So where are we going?" I asked him as I took another bite. "Don't worry. I know where to go, so just enjoy the ride," he told me as he turned left.

"Are you staying near the ocean?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about it," he said as he continued to focus on the road. "But Pierce, this is serious," I replied as I leaned over, and my face was close to his.

When he turned to look at me, I quickly jumped back in my seat. I finished the rest of my Honey Bun and then shoved the wrapper in the large pocket behind the driver's seat.

It was boring. The radio stopped working and I don't know what else to talk about with Pierce. It just felt so awkward with him, even though it didn't have to be.

"Uh...Pierce, about--"

"Shh. You talk too much that it's putting me to sleep," he cut me off and I sighed as I leaned my head against the window.

"When will--"

"Shh."

"Are we--"

"Shhh!"

"Can we--"

"Maybelle, shut up!" He yelled and I sat back and huffed while crossing my arms over my chest. I've never seen Pierce so agitated. I really am annoying.

"I-I'm sorry," he said as he quietly pulled the car over. He looked back at me and I saw sadness in his eyes. I looked away.

"No, it's fine. You don't need to apologize, I can get really annoying sometimes. E-Even I hate that part about myself!" I explained with a nod of my head.

"There's no need to hate that part of you. Every part of you is beautiful," he told me with a gentle smile and I felt a pain in my chest. My cheeks got hot and I once again, looked away.

"Pierce, I should be the one apologizing. I've hurt you for not returning your feelings," I spoke with my voice slightly trembling.

"Maybelle--"

"Pierce, you're a wonderful man a-and merman. Although, I may not feel the same for you, I am grateful to have you by my side," I said with a weak smile.

A painful lump in my throat formed and my heart began to ache. The insides of my stomach felt twisted and knotted up. "I understand," he whispered as he turned around.

----------------

Hello! Thank you guys for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Don't forget to:

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Thank you all, and love you so much!<3