Fifteen

I was laying in bed, constantly tossing and turning. Eventually I gave up and just sighed and stared up at the ceiling.

"That was a mistake," I whispered to myself. I sighed once again as I turned onto my side and face the large window. It was dark outside, the moon was not visible. It was covered by the same dark clouds as before.

There was a large crash somewhere inside the beach house and I quickly sat up. Pierce bursts into the room and closes it behind him. "His men. They're here."

He didn't need to anything else, I was already on the move. I slipped on my shoes quickly. A large lightning bolt flashed and hit the house as we slipped out the back door.

Flames began to form as Pierce and I started to run across the sand. There was a blue light in the water and when we got closer, it was four mermen and a small wooden boat.

"Get on. Hurry," they told us and we both nodded as we got in. Pierce looked upset as they began to push the boat. All four of them working together really made the boat go fast.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and he looked away from me. "Brother against brother," he told me as he looked back at the beach house. "Some of them are brothers fighting against each other, because both are on different sides," he added sadly.

I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around him in comfort. "We'll win this war," I whispered to him. He only let out a long sigh and turned to me. He smiled weakly and nodded in agreement.

"Of course," he responded as he wrapped his arms around me in return. He pulled away and he stuck his hand in his pocket. He took something out.

"I think I should give this to you," he said as he opened his hand and it revealed a glowing light blue gem in the shape of a teardrop. It was a necklace. I gasped in admiration.

"It's so beautiful," I told him and he smiled. "It possesses great power. It gives you the ability to transform whenever you want. But it does put a strain on the human body," he told me as he clipped it around my neck.

"So use it whenever you need it," he added and I nodded. "Thank you so much, it's so pretty," I said as I touched it gently with my fingers.

I slightly scooted away from him and turned my body towards the water. Tears began to fall out of my eyes as I looked up at the sky.

Life isn't just fair. Out of all the people in the world, why him?

----------------

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to:

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Thank you for reading! Love you all!<3