Seventeen

Bright sun rays spilled over my face. I groaned quietly as I slowly sat up. I realized that I was in Pierce's arms and we were laying down on the sand.

A few moments later, Pierce slowly sat up next to me. I crossed my legs and I stared out at the ocean. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. He gently put his head on my shoulder.

"Does the ocean intrigue you that much?" He asked and I nodded. "Just as much as land intrigues you," I answered with a smile as I let out a happy sigh. I leaned my head against his.

We stayed like this for a while, until Pierce cleared his throat. "We should probably get going. His men are onto us. Last thing I need is to have you get taken away again," he said as he stood up and stretched his hand out towards me.

I placed my hand in his and he helped me to my feet. He didn't let go of my hand as we made our way across the beach. Suddenly, I remember about the war going on. I couldn't believe I forgot about it. I was enjoying our moment too much.

"Are you okay?" Pierce asked me and I looked up at him. "Huh? Oh! Yeah! Yeah..." I answered as I looked towards the ocean. I wonder if they're fighting right this moment.

All of a sudden, a merman popped out from the water and swam towards the shower with another merman chasing him from behind. "Help!!!" The first merman screamed out and Pierce bolted towards the water.

Pierce tackled the other merman, which had a black tail and spiky, bright red hair. I rushed over to the exhausted merman, who I caught in my arms when he collapsed. He was very pale, in an unnatural way. I touched his forehead and it was burning hot.

"Are you alright?" I asked, worried out of my mind as I brushed his brunette hair out of his face with my fingers. "Y-Yes..." He whispered as his blue tail slowly turned into human legs. "Oh goodness," I whispered as I looked away from his man part.

Pierce came out of the water with blood stained all over him. He went in the water with a shirt and now he didn't have one. Not that I'm complaining, or anything...

"There's a hidden house, it's underground. It's somewhere on this deserted beach," Pierce said as he looked over at the passed out merman. "We're almost there, we could take him there," he added and I nodded.

"Of course, anything to be of assistance," I responded as I stood up and grabbed one of the merman's arms. Pierce grabbed the other one and we sat the merman up before putting his arms around our necks and lifting him up.

His feet dragged as we carried him. About 20 minutes or so, I began to get tired. I see a bright orange light on the sand a couple feet in front of us. "I-I see something," I said in a tired tone. "That's the secret door. Ordinary humans can't see it," he said with a grin.

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed.

Sorry for the really late update.

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

Thank you<3