Twenty-Nine

When I heard the door open and footsteps walk in, I rushed out to see Pierce wearing a black suit, and holding a box and a cute pink paper bag. He put down the stuff and held out his arms.

I ran towards him, as fast as I could in this dress and he picked me up and spun me around. I giggled as he planted kisses on my neck.

He set me down and looked at me up and down. "Wow.. you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen," he said and I blushed as he picked up the large box from the floor. He opened it and I gasped at the sparkly silver heels displayed right in front of me.

He squatted down and took out the heels from the box. He set the box aside and placed the heels in front of my feet. He held up his hand and I took it as he helped me keep my balance as I slid my feet into the heels.

He then buckled the straps and then he stood up. He grabbed the pink bag off of the floor and then took out a large, skinny white box. He opened it and I gasped even louder at the sight of the gorgeous diamond necklace and earrings.

"Pierce, you spoil me too much," I told him with a smile and he chuckled.

"I know," he said as Richard held the box while Pierce took out the diamond necklace. He gently put it around my neck and then clipped it together. Then, he got the earrings and put them in my pierced earlobes.

"You know...I could've done this myself," I reminded him with a giggle.

"Of course, Maybelle. But tonight, I want to treat you," he responded as he held out his arm and I gladly wrapped my arm around his.

He led me out of the house to a limousine parked on the sand. "Wait, won't the driver get suspicious of us being here?" I asked and Pierce just grinned.

"The drive is one of us," he answered and I just nodded my head.

When we got to the limo, Pierce opened the door for me and I got in. Then, he went around to the other side and got in. Richard waved to us outside as we drove off. I waved back.

"Richard is so sweet," I told Pierce and he nodded as he grabbed my hand.

"I want you to close your eyes," Pierce said and I listened as I closed my eyes. He then wrapped his arms around me and kissed me hard.

I kissed him hard back, my hand moving to the side of his face. He grabbed my legs and lifted them up onto his lap. He rests his other hand against the back of my neck.

I could feel the pressure change in the air, my chest tightened and my ears began to ring. I wanted to open my eyes, but I kept them close. Pierce wanted to surprise me and I'm going to let him.

"We're here," the driver announced and both Pierce and I pulled away. "Keep you eyes closed," Pierce said and I nodded as I heard him step out of the limo.

My eyes kept wanting to open, I was dying to know where I was and what was happening. I put my hands over my eyes.

The door on my side opened and my hand was gently grabbed. "I'll tell you when to open them," Pierce said as he helped me out of the limo.

We started to walk and then I heard Pierce warn me that there are stairs. I tripped on the first one and Pierce laughed. "It's not funny," I snapped and then I grinned. It was pretty funny.

"I warned you about the stairs," he told me and I sighed. "It's kind of hard when you can't see anything and the person guiding you sucks at guiding," I answered back and then he just laughed out loud.

After climbing about a who-knows-what amount of stairs, we reached the top and then I heard the sound of doors slide open. "Okay, open yours eyes," he told me and I did.

"Oh. My. Goodness," I whispered as I gazed around the entire place. It was a giant ballroom, but inside a glass dome underwater. I could see the fish and sand, even colorful plants outside. It was dark underwater, but the bright lights and the giant glass chandelier lit up the entire area around the dome.

In the center, was a round table covered with a white tablecloth sat there. It had two brown, leather chairs on each side and a tall candle in the middle.

"We'll eat later," he said as people filed onto the large stage at the back. I noticed how many instruments were there. They began to play a slow song and Pierce led me to the large open area.

"I don't know how to dance," I said with a nervous chuckle. "It's okay," he responded as he gently placed a hand on my lower back and pulled me closer to him. He grabbed my hand with his other hand and held it out to the side. I placed my other hand on top of his shoulder.

He led my feet with all the steps. I would've looked up at him, but I was too busy focusing on not tripping.

He realized the trouble I was having keeping up with and he decided to stop. He just wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We ended up swaying our bodies to the rhythm of the song.

We looked into each other's eyes and smiled. "Maybelle," he said and then cleared his throat loudly and the music stopped. Everything went quiet.

"I don't know what I would do without you," he started as he slowly got down on one knee. My stomach twisted into knots at the sight of him. My face was getting hot and the ends of my mouth curved up.

"I never thought that I would marry a human, until that fortune teller told me that my true love was one. And I am so damn grateful I got to meet you." He pulled out a small black box from his inner jacket pocket.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he opened the black box and I covered my mouth with my hands, "will you marry me?" He asked with a bright smile.

I stared at the ring, it was simple, and in the middle it had five diamond halos. "Yes, of course I will," I answered, breathlessly.

"When marrying someone in our merman culture, we don't usually have two rings. The richer ones usually present a crown to their wives and the others usually a necklace or a bracelet," he explained as he slid the ring onto left my ring finger.

"But in this case, I have decided to mix yours with mine. And, I also decided to step up and take on the role as the new King of this kingdom. After, I defeat my father, but everyone is rooting for me. So, it will be rather tough on you, becoming a Queen of a kingdom you have no idea about."

My eyes widened at the thought of me being the Queen. "B-But, I'm human. They would oppose of it," I said and he shook his head.

"A lot would, but many would accept you. You're going to have to prove you're worthy as being the Queen, not to the ones who oppose, but to those who have accepted you as well. But I also have to talk to you about our baby."

"Our baby??"

--------------------------

How are you guys liking it so far?

Pretty good? Or pretty lame?

And baby? That means she's pregnant ;)

Guys, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow me for more. ;D

~Bethany<3