Twenty-Eight

I handed Pierce a cup of coffee as soon as he walked into the small kitchen. "Someone is happy," he said with a smile as he took a sip of his coffee. I nodded as I took a sip of mine.

"By the way, why isn't anything...happening? With your father and stuff?" I asked, curious by how peaceful it is nowadays. No one has come and bothered us lately.

"It's the calm before the storm," he answered as he set down his cup of coffee. He looked at me and I saw fear in his eyes. It concerned me by how he's looking at me.

"I don't know when he'll attack, and that's scary, I'll admit it. It could be weeks, or months before he does. I had sent spies a while ago, but they said that there's no movement happening," he explained and I just nodded slowly.

"He wants to surprise us," I spoke out loud, not realizing until Pierce agreed.

"Don't worry about it too much, okay? Whenever he does attack we'll be ready. Under sea, the kingdom is on lock down and everyone is on high alert," he assured me and I nodded as I went to go hug him.

He hugged me back, tightly wrapping his arms around my waist. "Wait here, I got you something," he told me as he pulled away from my grip and walked out of the kitchen, disappearing from my sight.

He came back holding a large, neatly wrapped box, with red wrapping paper and golden ribbon. He handed it to me and I took it from his hands, curious to what it might me.

I set it down on the counter and I lift up the lid and take it off. I gasped as I saw the top of the emerald green dress that I slowly pulled out. It was long and silky, and it was a V-neck and backless.

"Pierce, it's gorgeous," I said, breathless by how beautiful the dress was. I put it back in the box and I threw my arms around him. "Thank you," I added as I kissed him on the lips and then his cheek. He chuckled as he held me by my waist.

"I'm glad you love it. I want you to wear it tonight," he told me and I just nodded. I didn't even ask why, this is Pierce, he's full of surprises.

"I have to go to a meeting. But I was able to get a guard, so you can be safe. Just in case something does happen," he said as he kissed me on the forehead. I nodded as the man walked in.

He was tall, dark skinned and very muscular. He was scary as I looked up at him. Suddenly, he just gave me a smile and I was surprised. I smiled back at him.

"I'll be back by evening," he told me and then he turned to the man, "Richard, keep her safe."

"Understood," Richard answered back with a nob, his voice was really deep. I could feel the vibration as he spoke.

Pierce left and then it was just me and Richard.

I ended up cleaning up around the house, and organizing things. I felt sick and nauseous at times, but I was fine afterwards.

Evening rolled around, and I changed into the dress. I was speechless at how it made me look. I've never felt this beautiful in my life. I was in tears at I gazed at myself in the mirror.

The dress hugged my body, but not too much. It was long, and it stopped at my ankles.

I realized I had no jewelry, or shoes to go with the dress. I didn't even have makeup to put on. And nothing to style hair. I would curl it, but I had no curling iron.

I walked out in the living room, sighing. "Wow, you look beautiful," Richard commented and I looked up at him with a weak smile. "Thank you," I said as I went into the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle from the fridge.

"I can do something to your hair," he told me and I looked over at him, confused.

He went to the table and pulled out a chair and motioned for me to come and sit. So I did. I sat down and then he cleared his throat.

"Now don't tell anybody about this, okay?"

"I won't," I responded and then I felt his hands touch my hair. I closed my eyes and I felt sudden warmth spread throughout my whole head and I could feel the hair going up on its own.

Then, suddenly the warmth died out. He used his magic to do my hair.

I rushed to the bathroom and I looked into the mirror. My was up and done in a crown braid and I gasped at how beautiful it was. Richard was standing in the doorway watching me.

I turned to him and smiled. "Thank you so, so, so much!"

-----------------------------

Alright, that's it for this chapter.

Another one will be up soon, to finish up what happened in this one. I promise it won't take weeks.

What do you think Pierce's surprise will be?

And dayuum, Richard's got those magic fingers.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more!(:

~Bethany<3