Thirty

"Yes, our baby," Pierce answered and I began to smile at the thought of being pregnant with his child.

"So I'm pregnant," I clarified and Pierce nodded his head. He cleared his throat as he took my hand in his. "I didn't tell you this...and I was afraid that this was going to happen..." he began as he shook his head in disappointment.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked him and he sighed as he looked me in the eyes. They were filled with sorrow and concern. He licked his lips and then sighed again.

"Our baby is in danger," he said and I felt my heart drop. "D-Danger...? How? Why?" I asked and his gaze dropped to the floor, and he released his grip from my hand.

"I should've warned you before, but you were so happy and--"

"Pierce! Tell me why our baby is in danger!" I raised my voice at him, which caught his attention. He nodded slowly, knowing he should've gotten to the point in the beginning.

"Our baby is half-human and half-merman. I was so scared that this was going to happen. Even though I'm not full merman, the gene is strong and usually overtakes anything else it's being combined with. But you're full human, and... I'm half, so that means it'll be an internal battle for the baby."

I gasped as I covered my mouth with my hands, shaking my head as tears began to pour out of my eyes. "N-No. No... This cannot be happening to our precious baby!" I sobbed out as I dropped to the floor on my knees.

"Shh... It's going to be fine. He's a strong one," Pierce assured me as he squatted down beside me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "It's a boy?" I asked as I looked up at him. He nodded with a small smile.

I began to cry again as I buried my face into his chest. "This isn't fair!" I yelled into his chest and Pierce began to rub my back with his hand.

"Even though he's still an egg, I'm connected with him. The specialty of the merman's DNA. You don't have to worry about it too much, usually the fighting happens after the baby is born. So nothing will go wrong while he's in your stomach developing," he explained and I stopped crying.

He grabbed my face and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. He kissed my forehead gently, and then my nose, and then softly on the lips, letting it linger for a bit before pulling away.

"Do you want to go back to the house?" He asked me and I just nodded.

He scooped me up in his arms and carried me back to the limo. He was going to leave me in the back alone, but I made him stay. I wanted him with me.

My legs rested on top of his lap, and I ran my fingers through his hair over and over again. "Pierce."

"Hmm?"

"I love you so much," I whispered as kissed his temple and he embraced me tightly in return.

"I love you so much more," he whispered back and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against his shoulder. I fell asleep in his arms, thinking about how amazing he is.

--------------------------

I apologize this chapter was shorter.

But I really hoped you enjoyed it.

The ending is comiiiiiing soooooon! I'm so excited.

I'm ready to finish this one and begin a new one.

Another romance fairytale story??

Anyways, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more!(:

~Bethany<3