Twenty-Four

When I opened my eyes, I was underwater. I freaked out, but I realized I was still dry, and I was floating. A purple light flashed from a deep pit below me.

I swam down and down, it took a while, but when I reached the bottom it was really dark. Almost close to pitch black.

A large cage was sitting there, and inside was a person on their knees. Chains were all around them and when I got closer I noticed the long black hair.

I heard someone else and I turned around to a mermaid swimming towards the trapped person and I. When she got close, I noticed the similar features that Pierce had. The silver hair and the color of the eyes. And the gentle face.

She arrived, her face expression turned serious. "I feel no pity for you being in there. After all, you deserve it," the mermaid said and all of a sudden, I knew her name. Queen Jheni.

There was silence and Jheni sighed. "Lying, betrayal, and using your powers for evil are forbidden in this kingdom," she added with harsh tone.

Then, the sound of chuckling was faint. It grew louder and louder and the woman in there turned her head up. Witch Violet.

Her eyes burned with rage, glowing a dark purple as she continued to laugh out loud. "YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME!" Her voice suddenly boomed as her body began to grow larger in size. Queen Jheni gasped as she was blown back.

She had the necklace Pierce gave me in her chest as well, and it was glowing brightly. Witch Violet broke the cage as she continued to grow. Soon she was larger than a 30 story building. She ripped a piece of her hair and it turned into a large metal spear.

Queen Jheni tried to swim away, but Witch Violet raised the spear and then struck it down on Jheni. The spear pierced right in the middle of Jheni's body, pinning her down into the sand. "No!" I yelled out as I rushed to her. Witch Violet laughed as she swam away quickly.

"Queen Jheni!" I shouted, as blood gushed out and slowly dissolved into the water. Her body slowly turned into a human body and the orb in her chest turned dark and it floated out of her chest, with the chain connected to it.

"She was a human..." I whispered and then the bright white light appeared. I was swallowed up once again.

"Maybelle! Maybelle!"

I opened my eyes to see Pierce's face hovering close to mine. He stopped shaking me and sighed in relief. I was back in the bed in the bedroom. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked and I swallowed hard as I sat up.

"Your grandmother was a human," I said and Pierce suddenly looked confused as he sat down on the bed. "What?" He asked, not believing what I said.

"The souls of the previous royal women are inside of this necklace. I know it sounds crazy, but for some reason I am sure of it. Your grandmother is warning me. I was shown a flashback to when Witch Violet had her first true awakening of her powers. She's going to have another one soon."

"That unforgiving wench...!" Pierce hissed out as he held up his balled up fists.

"This time....it's her final awakening. Her powers will be at full strength. She'll kill us all," I said with worry as I stood up.

You need to fight.

Fight.

Save Pierce.

Voices echoed in my head and I gasped as my eyes widened. "What is it now?" He asked as he scooted closer to me. He grabbed my hand tightly.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the voices. "Maybelle!"

"Wait, shut up!"

Don't let my son die. Protect him, you have the power and strength for it. You're no ordinary human. Win this war and our souls can finally rest in peace.

It was Pierce's mother. Her gentle voice was filled with sadness. When I looked at Pierce, tears rolled down my cheeks. "Maybelle. Tell me," Pierce's expression and voice was full of worry.

"I have to fight this war, Pierce. If I don't you'll die. I'm doing this because I need to. Your mother requested it. If I don't, their souls will never rest peacefully," I explained and he looked away.

He was in pain. He pulled his hand back. He was about to stand up, but I threw my arms around him. His face was wet with tears as he kept his gaze away from me.

"Pierce, I know you're afraid. Angry. Sad. I know that. But trust me, I'll never leave you."

I cupped his face and turned his head to face me. I pressed my forehead against his and smiled softly. "Ever," I finished as I wiped his tears with my thumbs. I gently pressed my lips against his forehead.

-------------------------

I really hoped you enjoyed!(:

The ending is getting closer! Is anyone excited? Scared?

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow me for more! Love you all