25.

Abby's sisters in the picture above (Aria on the left, Audrey on the right)

I won't- Little Mix

~~~~~~

Everyone is looking at me patiently as I sit and fidget with my hands. I don't like having all eyes on me at the moment, especially when it felt like I was sweating bullets.

"Come on, tell us. What's the big news?" Audrey asks, leaning forward to look at me.

"Well, I got offered a full time position at the Herald," I tell them, my throat dry. I take a sip of water as they congratulate me.

"That's great honey!" They all clap.

"There's more," I say, their clapping dies down and they go back to staring at me. "I also got offered another job at a newspaper that I've been dying to work at since I was younger," I tell them, looking at my mother. She knows what place I'm talking about, I've been talking about it for years.

"For Guardian News & Media?" My mothers eyes open wide. I nod at her.

"It's actually for one of their subsidiaries, The Guardian Weekly, they do local stories as well as from all over the world." I explain, my sisters growing excited next to me.

"Will you be working from their Boston office? I remember you said they were originally out of London," my mother asks and I just look at her, locking eyes. I watch as her smile fades and her face drops when realization hits.  "You'll be working in London won't you?"

"As in England?" Aria pipes in, her and Audrey casting worried glances at my mother.

"Yes, England. I'd be moving shortly after graduation. They are paying all moving costs and giving me a place to stay until I find my own apartment. They are sorting things out with my work visa so all I will have to worry about is getting my passport updated and get the other small things taken care before the move." I explain, everyone watching me intently, their faces unreadable.

It seems like hours have passed since anyone has said anything, when in reality it's only been a couple minutes. It feels like eternity though when you are waiting to see if your family supports your decision to make a drastic change like I am. Their support and for them to be happy for me is the last thing I need to make me feel confident that I'm making the right decision. I know that I need to do what's best for me but family is important to me, having them back me up on this would mean the world. 

Audrey was the first to speak, "I'm so happy for you Abby! This is huge! I can't believe you will be moving to London. Now we have an excuse to go there, don't we," she swats Michaels arms and he nods, laughing at Audrey's excitement.

"Is this about a boy?" My mother asks suddenly, all heads snap towards her. I pause for a second, Harry's name flashing across my mind.

"No, mom. This isn't about a boy. Why would you even think that?" I'm upset that she would think I would move across the country for a boy. She knows me better than that.  I could have last summer, but I didn't knowing that it wasn't what was best for me at the time. This time I've made the decision to move because I was offered a job I couldn't refuse.

"Why else would you move half way around the world and leave us?" Her eyes are beginning to water and I stand up and walk around the counter to her, taking her hands in mine.

"Mom, this isn't about a boy. You know I have dreamed of working for Guardian practically my whole life. Their Boston office was closed, this was my only option. You have to understand that I'm not doing this to hurt you or to upset you, I'm doing this for my future. This is my dream," I feel a tear hit my cheek and I let go of my moms hand to wipe it away.