Coma-Evan

Its been 2 weeks now. 2 weeks with Evan, my everything, my rock. My best friend, being in a coma. It was getting harder and harder each day.

The emotions I had been feeling were rough. Nothing but worry, sadness and anger. I wasn't sure how to cope with it other than cry.

The doctors told me there was a slim chance in him making it. My heart was snapped in two, shattering into bits. It couldn't believe that this could be the end. The end of us, the end of him.

The thought of loosing him was too horrific to comprehend. I prayed and prayed he would pull through. I never have been a believer, but if someone was up there, I hoped they'd hear me.

I sat next to him on a chair in the hospital room. Evan lay on the bed like he had done for the past 2 weeks. I held his hand with both of mine. it was still warm, I kissed it every so often as I let my fingers play with the soft curls on his head.

"I wonder what your dreaming about" I whispered to him, my eyes welling with tears, feeling sad and numb.

"I hope you think about me. I hope you can hear me too. I miss you baby" I whispered, tears falling but I ignored them.

I was overwhelmed with anger, but mostly sadness. this was it...4 years of us now i cant spend the rest of my life with him.

"I guess this is it then baby" I said crying at this point, accepting what was coming, knowing I couldn't save him.

"Please, dont leave me...your all i have" I whispered, my words trembling.

I leaned in to him and kissed him and lay my head on him.

After a moment of nothing, the monitors in the room began to make noises. Not rapid worrying noises, more like alerts. I perked up, confused, but then I realised.

The monitors began to beep more normally, like they would with someone who was awake. I stared in disbelief, no way was this happening.

"This isn't real I'm dreaming" I said to myself as my voice was shaking.

I said looking down at him, even in this state he was so beautiful.

"Evan.." I whispered but my tone was stern.

I could see his eyes move rapidly under his eyelids. My heart began beating rapidly, I couldn't believe it.

After a moment, he opened his eyes and looked about before looking over at me.

"Evan...o-Oh my God...is this real" I said sobbing still.

I called in the docters and after they examined him he could finally talk.

"I missed you too" He said squeezing my hand as best as he could.

"I knew you could hear me"  I sobbed, ugly wet but happy sobs.

"I love you" He stated. A reminder.

"I love you so much" I responded, "Did u dream, or was it just darkness" I asked from curiosity.

"I remember, you being there and you were pregnant..." He smiled,

"Hehe...i want a baby some day" I said smiling,

"Me too"