The death of parents-Evan

I was sat down in the front room with Evan watching TV. Nothing intresting was on, it was mostly for background noise as we chilled.

Suddenly, Evans phone began to call, He groaned as he stood up and walked over to the table and picked it up, wondering who it could be.

"Its my sister, what does she want?" He said as he answered,

"Hey whats up?" Evan answered, his tone cheerful.

After a moment, his face suddenly fell and his expression totally dropped from his face. He began struggling for words.

At this point I had noticed something wasn't right, I'd sat up, ready to stand up incase anything was going down. Suddenly his phone dropped from his grip as he fell to his knees,

"Evan? Baby what's wrong?" I said shakily as I shit up from my spot and picked to the phone while placing a hand over evans shoulder.

"It's y/n what's up?" I said almost screaming down the phone in pure panic.

"Its mom and dad, theyve been in a car accident and neither of them made it" his sister sobbed down the phone, she sounded inconsolable, struggling to breathe.

It took me a second to process the information I had just heard. I looked back down at Evan, his head was in his hands as he was still trying to wrap his head around it, it hadn't sunk in yet.

i felt a lump in my throat, my heart felt like it stopped for a second. This couldn't be true I couldn't breathe, I had to put the phone down for a moment. My eyes started to well up, I didn't know what to do.

Evan was currently emotionless, until his eyes closed and tears rolled. Immediately i wrapped my arms around him, engulfing him as much as I could, he clutched onto me for dear life as he began letting out heart breaking sobs.

I felt powerless, all I could do was grab him and hold him close to me and tell him it was gonna be ok. We were both crying on the floor as i held him in my arms,

"It cant be true" He sobbed, his face was wet with tears, he looked up at me. I didn't respond, I just looked at him with pain behind my eyes and pulled his in closer.

"It's okay, you're okay" were the only things I could say.

After about an hour of being unable to pull ourselves together, I had to call his sister back and arrange for when to come into town for the funerals. Evan was still in disbelief, in a zombie like state.

Eventually The night came, knowing very fine well the first night wasn't going to be easy. We were both in a state of depression and disbelief, even denial.

"Try sleep baby...get a few hours" I spoke softly as i held him close in my arms.

"I'll try, I love you" he sniffled.

"I love you too" We both dozed off. About an hour later I felt a hand on me as I was being slightly shaken, it was Evan.

"Y/n i cant sleep" I opened my eyes slowly, slightly confused and out of it. The memories instantly can rushing back and I felt pain in the pit of my stomach.

"What honey?" I responded as I placed my hand on his cheek, it was wet.

"I cant sleep...i cant sleep i cant sleep" He said as he panicked and broke down, I immediately shot up, snapping out of my dazed state and turned on the lamp and sat him up with me as he sobbed continuously,

"You know, I had an argument with them the other day..." He spoke after he'd calmed down for a moment,

"No no no. Dont ever do that to yourself Evan." I sternly responded, feeling awful for him.

"I wish i had the chance to tell them i love them" He sobbed, i pulled him close,
"They know you love them Evan. They are looking down on you right now and thinking...thats our son. Hes made us so proud and hes come so far...they wouldn't want you to give up Evan, they love you. You just have to be strong, i know its not easy but...ill be with you, ill be right here with you. Ill be your shoulder to cry on Because i adore so much and you have made me as proud as your parents" I spoke in a kind tone as i wiped his tears away with my fingers.

"I love you so much, everything you do for me...i just need a hug" He sniffed,

"I think you need more than a hug baby" I said as i cuddled him close and kissed his head,

"Ill stay awake tonight...you try and sleep" I said as i stroked his hair and kissed his head,
"Ok, wont you get tired?"

"Dont worry about me, ill just Run off coffee tomorrow " I smiled slightly, "Ill be right here...your safe here in my arms" I whispered.