Dont cry-james

For Candypastel thanks for your amazing idea!<3 the hotel is modern and it is set after they stop killing😊

I need to hide, i need to get away from this house. I need to go. Not sure where, but as far away from here as I possibly can.

After a while of brainstorming, an idea of staying in a hotel for a few days was sounding promising. i just need a break from all this.

My parents were not exactly the nicest of people, especially my father. He would abuse me, physically, verbally, mentally. Anyway you could imagine. It got too much. I just want to run away.

I packed my stuff in a medium sized bag while they weren't home and left a note just telling them that i had gone, not mentioning if I'd be back or not, because i, myself was unsure of that.

I got into my car and drove. Hotel Cortez the place was called. After a while of driving to the location, I pulled up and walked inside, it was a nice hotel, I thought as I looked up at the tall building.

It was kinda fancy, but also slightly trashy, as well as being kind of modern. I admired the reception as I walked inside.

I walked over to the front desk, bag in hand. I rung the bell on the desk. A tall man, well woman, with fancy and eye catching makeup came to the desk,

"Hi sweetie can i help?" She asked, I couldn't help but notice this how glamorous she looked.

"Yeah i have booked a room...under then name Y/F/N" She scanned through the check in book for my name,

"What brings you here then y/n" she asked, making conversation as she flicked through the big book. I sighed.

"I needed a bit of a break. My dads an asshole, I'm tired of the shit." My expression became sad, she could see that, she looked at me with a kind an sympathetic look, understanding my situation from the pain in my eyes.

"you need one too, I hope you don't mind me saying this but you look so run down, I'm here if you need to talk" she said kindly. I smiled.

"I appreciate that, thank you" I replied.

"Ah yes, Room 65 floor 6, then go down the hall and take the first right and u should find it, but if you can't, just let me know"  she said handing me the Key, with a kind smile on her face.

"I will do, thank you" I smiled back at her as I took the key.

"Im Liz by the way, Liz Taylor if u need anything, call this number" she also added, handing me the number for the front desk.

"Ok thank you so much. I will do" I said as i walked away into the elevator.

I got to the floor, wandered around, following the directions I was given until I found my room, unlocked it and walked inside.

I sat on the bed, looking around at my surroundings, until eventually after a few moments I realised I could let it all out.

I broke down crying, i dont know why, but it was a mixture of relief but also sadness. I let the tears flow. No one could judge me in this room alone. It felt nice.

I sat there and cried for a few minutes before suddeny I heard a little knock on my door, making me jump,

'oh shit i bet they can hear me' i thought as i walked to the door, forcefully wiping away the tears from my eyes and face.

i opened it slowly and there was a man stood there. He looked quite old fashioned, he was wearing a shirt, like one u would wear under a tuxedo and a neck tie and black pants. He had a small pencil moustache with black hair, he was rather handsome, but I was slightly confused. 

"Im sorry, was I really that loud?"  I said with a sad laugh, my voice was quiet.

"I came to see if u are ok" the gentleman asked me with a kind look on his face.

"No, but I will be" I smiled as I began to close the door.

"No no, you want to talk about it?" The man asked. He seemed genuine, but I was young and naive so I let him in my room. I was lonely and company was company.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he sat down on the bed,

"I don't exactly have the greatest home life. My dads an asshole. I'm just tired of the abuse..im glad to be away from it, but im sad because i never had a normal family" I began to cry again, becoming more emotional than before.

"Hey Dont cry dear, come sit with me"  He patted to a spot next to him on the bed. His look was sympathetic, i took his offer and sat next to him.

"Whats your name?" He added,

"Y/F/N" I sniffed.

"Thats a beautiful name, im James, James Patrick March" He said proudly.

A moment had passed in silence. After a moment we both looked at each other, I forced a small smile through my tears as he wiped them from my face with his thumb.

For some reason, I felt safe with this stranger, he had a presence, and aura about him that made me feel safe. Maybe it was the fact he was kind and loving already, even though I'd just met him. I wasn't sure. But I liked it.

We ended up talking for a few hours, we talked in my room about anything that we could think of. i learned so much, hes the creator of this hotel.

The conversation was so interesting and weird, he mentioned to me that there are spirits that live here. Some are sad but some are happy.

Might do a part two of this!<3