Chapter 8: The Kind Pervert

"Your mother is dead," the doctor adds. Little me stares at the doctor for a while. I hit my head against the wall and I begin to sob. Little me gets up and pushes past all of them and rushes into the room. I sniffle as I get up. Soon, little me comes running out of the room. She's probably going to go find dad. I follow after her. At last, when we walk outside we see him sitting on the staircase with a cigarette lit. We approach him carefully.

"Papa?" Little me asks in a whisper. Dad hears little me and turns around. When he sees her he freezes and then turns his head away.

"What is it now?" Dad asks impatiently. I watch them by the side of the door with tears falling down my face. I don't know what to do. I want to just wake up, but for some reason I can't. Ugh, my eyes feel puffy. They're probably all red too.

"It's mama," Little me replies in sorrow. Dad finally looks up at her again. He shows no sign of sorrow. He looks furious.

"Yeah, what about her?" He asks looking uninterested. Dad, I know that you care. Why did you act like you didn't care?

"She's dead," Little me responds. There's a little glint in his eyes at the mention of mom's death. He looks sad for a second, but his expression soon changes that he almost looks evil and he begins to laugh hysterically. Dad, don't you dare laugh! I stand up and march towards him.

"Hehe, finally," dad responds, "I've been waiting for that wrench to die and finally be free of both you and her." Dad, don't say things that you don't mean!

"No, papa, I don't believe you," little me answers. Dad looks shocked for a second and then his face becomes sorrowful.

"Princess, I need you to hate me," dad says as he looks at little me. What did even mean by that?! His eyes have tears in them. "You'll have a better life without me." What do you mean I will have a better life without you?! Look at me! I'm poor beyond imagine! I have to pretend I'm a guy just so that I could enroll in a high school! My life isn't better! In fact it's worse! Why did you leave me?!

"What are you talking about papa?" Little me asks.

"I'm sorry princess," dad apologizes as he approaches her, "But I am no longer your papa." Another tear escapes my eyes and falls down my cheek.

"But, papa!" Little me calls after him as he turns back around and begins to walk away. "Papa, don't leave me!" He turns around again and looks at her tear-stained face. He looks like he is going to burst into tears. He doesn't say anything. He bites his lip to try and stop tears from falling before he runs to her and kisses the top of her head. Then, he turns back around and sprints off to his car. I bite my lip to keep from crying. I know that little me didn't run after him, but I will. I rush after him to find him leaning on his car door crying. Dad. Before I can say anything he opens the car door and gets inside. Then he drives away.

"Dad, no, don't leave me!" I yell after him, "Dad, please! Don't leave her all alone! She needs you! I need you! DAD!! NOOOOOOO!!!!" With that the area surrounding me is pure white. I can see nothing. It looks like the white just goes on forever. Where am I?

"Rocky," I hear someone say. I look around me, but I see no one. Who was that? Hm, maybe I was imagining it. "Rocky!" Ok, I definitely heard someone that time. I look around again, but still no one is in sight. Who is that calling me? "ROCKY!" Huh who is that? I look around in a panic. What's going on? "Rocky, wake up!" Don't you understand I can't wake up! "Rocky! ROCKY! ROCKY COME ON!!" I slump to the floor and cover my ears. Tears are running down my face and sweat is forming along my forehead. "ROCKY, COME ON JUST OPEN YOUR EYES!!" I sob miserably and hug myself. Why is this happening to me? With that I feel a tug on my arm. I look in the direction and see someone who I didn't expect to see standing there with a reassuring smile. Rihito? What is he doing here?