Chapter thirteen -Gideon and Pacifica vs. the Future

La ti da. Oh what fun-- OH MY GOSH PEOPLE LIKE MY STORY!! Okay. Yeah. I just squealed. Okay. Again, do. Not. Make. Me. Find. Amulets. Again. Who're in jail right now.

"Summer ends. That's how it is, Paz," Gideon said, refusing to look into Pacifica's eyes, knowing that if he did, he'd tell her what he found in the woods the day before.

Pacifica turned away from her cousin, a sad look coming over her eyes. "Do you even hear me? Summer is almost over. I don't wanna go," she whispered before running from the room, refusing to look back as she ran from the Shack. She had grabbed a back pack on the way out, and had not even noticed the odd bulb of shattered universe peeking from the grey bag.

She ran into the woods, holding the bag close to her. The sun was setting when she collapsed at a tree, almost folding in on herself as she cried. "I wish summer could last forever."

A boy with brown hair walked from the shade, sympathy dripping from him. "A-are you o-okay?" He asked, carefully approaching the girl with marks all over her arms and legs. "My n-name's Brandon."

"No," Pacifica sniffed, looking up at Brandon. She smoothed her blonde hair away from her face as Brandon sat in front of her.

"D-did I h-hear you r-right?" He asked. "S-summer lasting f-forever?" Pacifica nodded.

"Let me guess... You can help?"

"I may," Brandon whispered. "See, there's some kinda gismo thing I need, and I know it's a bad thing, but I know someone able to stop time. We can both help."

"I dunno," Pacifica whispered. "I mean, the twins seemed really cool, and then they tried to kill us so..."

"Awe," Brandon sighed.

"I have chocolate, though," Pacifica said, unzipping the back pack, and pulling out, not chocolate. That's for sure.

It was the rift.

I'm just gonna make you all wait a bit...