Safety Lasts Little Time

The new story is on my profile, in case you haven't already gone on there and gotten it. The following is the preface. Hope you like it.

"Why don't you all come back with me?" Pacifica asked, shrugging. "Mom and Dad love kids, so..." Gideon didn't look up from the lifeless Bud Pines, but nodded. "You two wanna come too? If, ya know, you don't find your grunkle?"

Mabel bowed. "Surely, miss Southeast. We know where to find you?"

"At the Mystery Shack," Pacifica said. Dipper smiled, bowing lowly, before taking his twin's pale hand and they walked off to find Stan.

-:-
The next day, Mabel and Dipper sullenly walked up to the front door of the Mystery Shack, and Mabel kissed her twin's cheek. "I'm sorry we never found him, brother," Mabel said.

"We had a slim chance anyway." The door opened, and Pacifica smiled to them. "Hello, miss Southeast."

"Hey, Gleefuls." She lead them inside, seeing the small suitcases they held in the hands that weren't connected. "No Stan?" Mabel and Dipper shook their heads in unison. "I'm sorry."

"Hey," Gideon whispered groggily. He was leaning against the banister, rubbing his eyes. Several suitcases were around the room, and the first two journals were laid on the couch, the other journal was no where to be found. Pacifica grabbed the second one, tossing it into the fire.

"No more myths?" Mabel asked as she passed Gideon and went into the kitchen.

"No more myths," Gideon said.

Mabel grabbed the scissors, tugging a strand of dark brown hair in front of her face, and cutting it to her jawline. Dipper watched her, careful not to make a sound. Careful not to knick herself, she continued to cut her hair as straight as she could. "Mabel," Dipper sighed, taking the scissors and straightening the slices in her hair. Mabel closed her eyes, feeling Dipper's gaze on her. She opened her eyes as the hand stilled, and touched her lips to his. She slowly ran her lips along his jaw, earning a soft shudder and a gasp from her brother. Her lips caught his as he began to close his brown eyes. As Mabel pulled away, he pushed against her again, keeping their lips connected. He pressed her to the counter, pushing the blue torn blazer from her shoulders.

"Bro," Mabel whispered, the word more of a moan than anything, and she placed her hands on his shoulders. "The bus."

"Right," he responded. "No more Reverse Falls." His eyes never left her shoulders, where lay so many scars, most likely from him when he was too angry to control himself. "We gotta get on the bus."