Imagine: His mom doesn't like you (Liam)

Your POV :

"I'm so glad my parents are visiting" Liam mumbled whilst he held you close.

You had both just gotten into bed since it was 12:45 am.

"I'm kind of scared. Your mom hates me." You said and he chuckled.

"My mum only wants what's best for me. She'll realize that it's you soon enough." He said.

You both talk about the visit a but more before drifting off into sleep.

~~

The next day was hectic.

Liam's parents were due to arrive any second now.

You had spent all day cleaning around the house and making sure that everything was perfect.

"Yeah... Okay mum I'm walking out right now" You heard Liam say into the phone. He mumbled an 'I love you' and then turned off his phone.

"They're around the corner. I've got to go out and flag them down" He smiled and walked out the door.

You straightened out your dress and tried to forget all your insecurities.

You didn't need those type of thought running around your head at the moment.

"Your house looks lovely from the outside, Li. I can't wait to see the inside." You heard his mom say.

Quickly the front door flew open and in walked Liam holding two bags.

"Welcome" You smiled as his parents walked in.

His mom gave you a glance and then looked away. Your smile faltered a but it came back when Liam's dad gave you a hug.

"Ahhh. Y/N we haven't seen you in a bit." Liam's dad said.

"Yeah. I've been focusing on trying to get more known." You said.

You were an aspiring model, so any time Liam had gone to visit his parents you were too busy trying to better yourself.

You were actually really close, you had just gotten a deal to do some test shots for victoria's secret to see if they could use you or not.

"Oh that's lovely. So how is that modeling going for you, dear?" He asked.

"Well I just got a deal to do a few test shots for victoria's secret which will be a bit interesting" You say.

Liam's mom turns and scoffs.

"All Victoria's Secret models do is show their bodies whilst getting paid for it. It's almost like prostitution minus the intercourse."

"Mum." Liam said in a warning tone.

"No it's fine. Well I have to... Uh.. I have to go see a friend" You said and then grabbed your purse.

~~

You had gone to your best friends house to talk about Liam's mom before returning back to the house.

"Liam, I just want what's best and that isn't her." You heard his mom say as you opened the door.

"Mum I know what I'm doing. I love her and I feel like she's the one." He said and I smiled.

"Son, you never know. She could be using you for the money, or for the fame. You heard her, she's an aspiring model. How do you think she got discovered?"

"She got herself known. She was already into modeling before we even met, mum. So you can't hold that against her. Okay, so maybe I made her a bit more famous, but she never took that to any type of advantage."

"But Liam, you never know. For all you do know, she could be hooking up with another guy right now. Laughing behind your back about how dumb you are."

"She'd never do that, mum"

"You should have let me set you up with a girl."

"What? Mum, you're being ridiculous?!?"

"I'm being true. I should of set you up with a nice young las that would never use you. That was our... Color." She said and it all finally dawned onto you.

The reason why she didn't like you was because of your race. Not because of your career or that you weren't the richest before meeting Liam.

You decided that enough was enough.

"I shouldn't be judged on my race. I love Liam a lot. You can't hate me all because my skin is a tad bit darker than yours. God created me how I was and i'm proud to be my race. I don't have to be white to date your son, that's completely absurd that you actually think that."

You said.

Liam and his mom gapped at you.

"Well then." His mom said and then stormed up the steps.

"I'm sorry about her." Liam apologized.

"As long as you don't think that way than I'm fine." You replied and he smiled.

"Never"