17. Morons and Money

The week seems to have just a dandy time, coming by slothfully and ridiculously slow. Every minute seems to take four hours to pass by, and each time I look up at the clock, just above the door, I get all the more discouraged. I cringe at every time the second hand moves, waving at me as slow as it dares. Any slower, and I might just rip out my hair and scream. I'm not so slowly nearing my date for insanity. Thanks, Kenny.

Woops.

Upon the thought of my blonde haired beauteous savior, a fresh set of butterlies spring up inside my belly, making an aloof, queasy feeling take a light effect. They transform into an abudance of incensed gorillas, thrasing on the inside of my organs for some escape. They pound and harass the side of my stomach, almost seeming as it might burst at any second.

"And your presentations on Chiang Kai Shek are due by...." Mrs. O'Heore brings out, tapping the top of her bifocals.

"Next Thursday, Mrs. O'Heore." The zombified students respond dispassionately around me, sporting dead features and sagging eyelids. To say that I'm scared would be the under statement of the year. I'd like my brains inside my skull, thanks.. Not in your mouths....

Thursday. That's what it is. The 29th. Two more days until I get to carry out my plan of mass destruction. Cue evil laugh!

Muwahahahaha!

No, I apologize.

"Hey!" A shrewd voice hisses from behind me, jabbing me in the shoulder. "This is from the kid over there."

She gestures to a small, blonde haired boy, chewing his nails. His striped blue and white t-shirt stands out against his tanned skin. Tanner. He gives me an elfish wave, before zoning in on Mrs. O'Heore. Such an over achiever.

"Thanks..." I scowl slightly at the girl behind me, realizing now that it's none other than Stinky Susan herself.

How dare she show up here, and uninvited! I should show her a piece of my mind! Oh, boy... The things I oughtn't do....

I seize away the tiny, folded paper before she has a chance to even think about reading it, and open it up in the secrecy of my protective binder.

'Hey. Never got to thank you for saving my life on the 14th. You're my angel! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥'

I shoot Tanner a provocative smirk, and he makes a heart with his hands.

Finally, after listening to more than one complaint from multiple different students about the project and what-not, I'm firmly convinced that my peers don't give two flying craps about their education. Such lazy people! Well, I can't say I'm much different.

I watch in a suspenceful agony as the second hand quickly approaches the hour. I drone out each and every separate sound, and focus solely on the syncopated slams that pass by excruciatingly slow. But nonetheless, it comes. The bell rings out, and the stampede of children around me flock towards the door, not caring if they snap or break each other in half, because of course; if they don't leave as soon as the fucking bell goes off, they're going to get stuck here forever and ever and ever.

Right.

I stroll innocently down the halls, minding my own business, as the football jocks and sports chicks prance heightly above everyone else, as if they somehow represented a higher class. Sure, the big game is Saturday, and no, I'm not planning to go. I don't know anyone on the sports teams, for starters, and I'm kind of busy that day, in case you didn't remember.

This week is having it's fun, oh yes it is, passing by as fast as an intoxicated slug.

 "Yo, hippie! Wait up!"