Your not who I was hoping you we're

I was unbelievably stressed. Everything was going wrong today. My laundry machine was spitting water out everywhere and I just caught it on time to not flood into the hall. The cooker had broke down earlier and my phone had been knocked off the sink where I was washing pots completely breaking it. I also lost my bank card so I had no way to draw out money to pay a repair man to come and fix the laundry machine to get everything done. "It's everywhere babe!" Chloe complained down the phone to Roman. Just as she said that sparks started to blast out behind the laundry machine and then the electricity short circuited. "God damn it!" I yelled in anger. "Yeah she's pretty pissed, uh huh. Can you! Oh thank you so much. Ok see you in a mo" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Seth was trained as an electrician a few years ago. He said he will be right over to fix it" "What ever!" I snapped. It had been a few weeks now since the night at Deans. I left not long after our chat. I hadn't really spoken to Dean since. I was too busy with work. He knew that and didn't bother me about it. He told me to let him know if I want to see him again. Seth, was round constantly. I was getting sick to death of hearing them fucking all night. I know new partners do that but I was being made late for work, too tired to think and I was starting to feel a little jealous that she hardly spent time with me now. Once a week on our movie night would be enough but movie night was now me sat alone eating a tub of ice cream. Forever alone I guess. Well I did say I liked to be alone. Just not 24/7. A knock sounded on the door and Chloe rushed to answer it. "Hey babe!" she beamed. I scoffed mimicking her in a sarcastic voice to myself. Since when did I become so immature?! I hated myself. I began throwing towels onto the water to try and soak as much up as possible. Bending over I caught a glimpse of a pair of vans stood watching me. I stood up and turned round to see Dean leaning against the door frame. "Like what you see?" I laughed. shit! Was I flirting with him now? Not good Cassie...not good. "I would answer that but like you said, we're only friends right now. Don't want to make things awkward" I smiled thankful he respected that.

I moved out the kitchen to allow Seth to make a start on fixing things. The circuit breaker was in a cupboard in there so it meant he could stay in one room to fix it all. "Bad day?" Dean asked as I sat down on the sofa laying my head back and closing my eyes. I held my forehead feeling the stress headache starting. "You have no idea. My phone got drowned also. My bank card is missing so until I get a new one I can't do anything about it" "I was thinking. Would you want to come to see a film with me? Just as friends?" I shook my head no. "Sorry Dean I don't have the time. Since your cousin switched companies my new boss is working me to death. I'm just so tired all the time, I'm starting to hate my job!" I complained. He sat down next to me. "Why don't you quit?" I laughed at his suggestion. "And live on what?". "Chloe works doesn't she?" I nodded. "I can't just freeload off her though"as much as I wanted to quit right now, I couldn't accept anyone's help. I am an adult, I'll just have to fight it out till I find a new job. "Have you always wanted to do that? Sounds like a boring job" I shook my head pulling my head back up and opening my eyes. "It is boring but I don't get bored to the point of depression at work. I enjoy the peace and quiet I get in my own office. It was the only job at the time I got offered where I could be alone almost all day". "You really do like your own time don't you?" I laughed along with him. "I just don't like being around people that much. I never have since being a little girl" "I know Dean! Does my head in too!" Chloe joked. "I've known Cassie since kindergarten. She has always insisted on sitting alone during classes, not having a relationship, jeez! And she asked me why at 19 she was still a frickin virgin!" "Chloe you fucking bitch!" I snapped at her annoyed. "Well your not a virgin now!" She had a point. My complaint caught the attention of mine and Chloe's best friend Jack at the time. He offered to make my first time special and did the whole romantic setting and everything. It was our perfect goodbye as friends. He was moving away that week and it was the best goodbye gift anyone could have given me. "Besides I don't like talking about that. You know how private it is for me" I moaned at her.